Bmw advantec ultimate oil

S1000RR  FORUM

Help Support S1000RR FORUM:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Cr500kev

Reaction score
Ey up ppl
Getting some new brembo pads soon
Then Gonna drop it off in the van for first service.
Bmw Apparently have some offer on servicing there bikes so I can save a few quid happy days.
Is bmw avantec ultimate oil fully synthetic?
I usually use Castrol power 1 racing or motul v 300 in my bikes what I have.
But this bmw oil I cannot see fully synthetic info on it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

They are made by Shell for BMW.

BMW Motorrad?s two new engine oils, ADVANTEC ULTIMATE (this product) and ADVANTEC PRO, are jointly developed and exclusively formulated by Shell lubricants and BMW to demanding and exact specifications for top performance and long service life for BMW Motorrad high-performance engines.

Please Note: ADVANTEC Oils are sold in LITER bottles. 1 Liter = 1.05669 Quarts

Engine oil quality depends largely on its main components: the base oils. They make up approximately 75-90% of engine oil. Original BMW Engine Oils are based on the new patented PurePlus Technology?, which refines base oils from natural gas instead of crude oil. The result is crystal clear base oils that contain virtually none of the impurities found in crude oils. PurePlus Technology? marks a breakthrough in how engine oils are formulated to provide enhanced viscosity, reduced friction and lower volatility.

Since 2012, BMW Motorrad has re-aligned its published recommendations globally to only two engine oil viscosities for all engine types:
? ADVANTEC ULTIMATE, SAE 5W-40 (API SN/JASO MA2) ? recommended for the following 2005 & later models: K1200 RS/S/GT, K1300 S/GT, G450X, HP2 Sport, K1600 GT/GTL, S1000 RR/R/HP4, and all LIQUID-COOLED R1200 Models.
? ADVANTEC PRO, SAE 15W-50 (API SJ/JASO MA2) ? recommended for all other models.*

* For owners of what BMW calls ?Legacy Motorcycles? (those built prior to 1995) who prefer to continue using a mineral oil based product, BMW continues to offer two viscosities that protect earlier engine designs in most temperature ranges: SAE 10W40 (API SG/JASO MA2) and SAE 20W50 (API SG/JASO MA2).

Last edited:

BMW Motorrad?s two new engine oils, ADVANTEC ULTIMATE (this product) and ADVANTEC PRO, are jointly developed and exclusively formulated by Shell lubricants and BMW to demanding and exact specifications for top performance and long service life for BMW Motorrad high-performance engines.

Engine oil quality depends largely on its main components: the base oils. They make up approximately 75-90% of engine oil. Original BMW Engine Oils are based on the new patented PurePlus Technology[emoji769], which refines base oils from natural gas instead of crude oil. The result is crystal clear base oils that contain virtually none of the impurities found in crude oils. PurePlus Technology[emoji769] marks a breakthrough in how engine oils are formulated to provide enhanced viscosity, reduced friction and lower volatility.

Since 2012, BMW Motorrad has re-aligned its published recommendations globally to only two engine oil viscosities for all engine types:
? ADVANTEC ULTIMATE, SAE 5W-40 (API SN/JASO MA2) ? recommended for the following 2005 & later models: K1200 RS/S/GT, K1300 S/GT, G450X, HP2 Sport, K1600 GT/GTL, S1000 RR/R/HP4, and all LIQUID-COOLED R1200 Models.
? ADVANTEC PRO, SAE 15W-50 (API SJ/JASO MA2) ? recommended for all other models.*

* For owners of what BMW calls ?Legacy Motorcycles? (those built prior to 1995) who prefer to continue using a mineral oil based product, BMW continues to offer two viscosities that protect earlier engine designs in most temperature ranges: SAE 10W40 (API SG/JASO MA2) and SAE 20W50 (API SG/

This has been copy pasted off advrider .com
Website.
Is it fully synthetic ? Lol

Last edited by a moderator:
Couldn't work that out...but does it matter if BMW approve it?

The oil is graded either way

- Alex

Couldn't work that out...but does it matter if BMW approve it?

The oil is graded either way

- Alex

I was confused when read it on a us site.
Lol.
Yeah I guess it?s gotta be good if bmw [emoji106]

It's a bit confusing (marketing speak?) that they talk about 'refining' it from natural gas. Refining usually means purifying and the case of crude oil separating lighter compounds from heavier ones.

If they are making it from gas they are certainly synthesising a heavier substance (oil) out of lighter components (gas).
Bottom line : yes it is synthetic

BMW Motorrad�s two new engine oils, ADVANTEC ULTIMATE (this product) and ADVANTEC PRO, are jointly developed and exclusively formulated by Shell lubricants and BMW to demanding and exact specifications for top performance and long service life for BMW Motorrad high-performance engines.

Engine oil quality depends largely on its main components: the base oils. They make up approximately 75-90% of engine oil. Original BMW Engine Oils are based on the new patented PurePlus Technology�, which refines base oils from natural gas instead of crude oil. The result is crystal clear base oils that contain virtually none of the impurities found in crude oils. PurePlus Technology� marks a breakthrough in how engine oils are formulated to provide enhanced viscosity, reduced friction and lower volatility.

� ADVANTEC ULTIMATE, SAE 5W-40 (API SN/JASO MA2) � recommended for the following 2005 & later models: K1200 RS/S/GT, K1300 S/GT, G450X, HP2 Sport, K1600 GT/GTL, S1000 RR/R/HP4, and all LIQUID-COOLED R1200 Models.
� ADVANTEC PRO, SAE 15W-50 (API SJ/JASO MA2) � recommended for all other models.*

* For owners of what BMW calls �Legacy Motorcycles� (those built prior to 1995) who prefer to continue using a mineral oil based product, BMW continues to offer two viscosities that protect earlier engine designs in most temperature ranges: SAE 10W40 (API SG/JASO MA2) and SAE 20W50 (API SG/JASO MA2).

is the advantec ultimate the way to go for track only use?

Discount

FYI if you sign up to Premier Membership on the Forum you are entitled to 10% discount on all oils and lubricants at Opie Oils.

Back