Bloomin Birds!

S1000RR  FORUM

Help Support S1000RR FORUM:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Beamish

Reaction score
Has anyone else taken a bird straight down the air intake? I took a chaffinch at ***mph yesterday and what a fecking mess! If you are unwilling to spend hours stripping the bike down it is a complete pain trying to clean the frame/intake as the design of it splits the bird in two! I used an extendable mirror with blue roll taped to the end (also cleaning fluid). I was still pulling feet,organs and feathers out an hour later! Thank god no plastics were damaged though :0)

I had a bird shit on the car windscreen the other day. I shouted fuck off you dirty cow

Funny as hell I did wonder why you stopped
till I saw its wing sticking out your air intake

I managed to get a small bird in the air intake of my FZR 1000 (showing my age), it was one of these moments where you think to yourself "I'm sure I hit that bird" but then didn't see it in your mirrors. You then think about it for a few hours wondering if you did.
As a precaution I had a look and fortunately it didn't explode like you one did and it got trapped in the link pipe at the top of the fairing, lucky I guess.

Davy

Sorry due an open pocket iPhone leaving pocket incident my usual camera is lying by the road somewhere between Grimsby and Sleaford. Gordon can vouch for the ex chaffinch, I was picking out the big bits as he pulled up laughing.

Back