Blackbriar's Black Beemer

S1000RR  FORUM

Help Support S1000RR FORUM:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Blackbriar

Reaction score
Evening all,

Finally joined here having bought a Black Gen 3 2015 S1KRR in January this year...and love her! Managed to get in some rides before the lockdown and put a couple of mods on.

Ridden bikes for 16 years and owned /ridden various... Not been on a bike forum since I owned Gixxers around 9 years ago and moved back to the UK in 2018...how the bike world has changed!

Cool to be part of a group again...and to increase the girls on sportsbikes ratio in the UK.. :friendly_wink:

Catch ya around once the lockdown lifts!

Stay safe...

Welcome to the forum and congratulations on your new RR!

What mods have you done and what sort of riding do you enjoy?
What was your previous bike?

Enjoy the forum [emoji41]

Welcome to the forum, what's your riding for? Leisure, work, commute, all three? As mentioned earlier, let us hear about your biking experiences, where you like to ride to etc..

Thanks! I put an SC Project can on..lovely little gurgle...ASV levers, a D/B screen and the rest are mainly guards/crash protection. No mapping or anything - she's fast enough! I had 2 Gixxer 600's and loved them, my first was a Thurndercat and abroad I rode (hired as too expensive to buy) a Street Trple 765, a Gixxer 1000 and a 750.

Before I bought the RR, I test rode a few litre bikes but TBH the Blade bored me, the Gixxer Thou also as I 'knew' it and the Panigale V4S isn't an everyday bike... :)

Hey there it's mainly leisure as I need the car to commute but I'm no fair weather rider... Honestly speaking, I prefer riding abroad due to traffic and road quality (France and Switzerland and Germany have great roads) but over here I'm still gauging where the best road quality is...decent long rides are more my thing. I'd like to try Scotland but I mainly ride on roads in the South/Midlands/South West :)

Welcome Blackbriar... great intro and I?m sure you will have fun on the forum. Lots of friendly advice.

Hi Alex I lived in Switzerland for nearly 5 years so was lucky with roads over there. when I get 'upgraded' on here I'll share some pics - I rode the Stelvio pass as well as some other amazing mountain passes over there. Being on the border though, i was very near Austria, Germany, France and Italy... Switzerland isn't a sports bike country though really, certainly not for girls (rare breed over there!). Tracks were closed/banned over there in 1955 after the Le Mans crash.

I've lived in other places too but not ridden.

Should be able to post now.... if u upgrade to premium member uploading pics are a lot easier and as well as supporting the forum you can some great discounts some at dealer on parts and accessories!

Avatar looks awesome! Get some colour ones up

Last edited:
Welcome aboard Blackbriar. Great choice in getting a Gen 3, I loved mine and had lots of fun on it. Enjoy it when things return back to normal!

Welcome aboard Blackbriar. Great choice in getting a Gen 3, I loved mine and had lots of fun on it. Enjoy it when things return back to normal!

Yep I prefer it to the new one. I was just saying to Marc that I prefer the way if handled as it?s more ?raw? and dips into corners slightly differently. I also don?t like the all in one rear light cluster on the Gen 4 as you can?t see the indicators clearly under braking.

just putting some crash protection on over the weekend then time to give her a full clean. Need to replace the tyres too as I inherited S20?s which I?m not keen on. I?m being swayed to the new M9RR?s even over the S22?s due to reviews on how the latter handle at the rear when braking, esp in the wet. ????

I think the M9RR will become a very popular choice....have fun fitting ur bungs!

Welcome to the forum! I also moved from a Gixxer 600 to S1000RR. Huge change both in terms of drive power and stopping power. The Gixxer brakes were a bit scary at times, not like the anchors on the S1K.
Hope you get to enjoy your S1K after the lockdown ends.
Definitely worth a trip to Scotland - some of the best roads in the UK. Although sound like you've been spilt for choice in Europe :)

Welcome from another Hampshire member. I?m really pleased with my G3 just waiting patiently for relaxing lockdown - sadly I?m looking at September, really hope I?m wrong. It will be all down to the inconsiderates. ??

Back