Bike cleaner

S1000RR  FORUM

Help Support S1000RR FORUM:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

RickS1K

S1000RR Supporter
Reaction score
Was wondering what people use to clean their bikes. I don't rate Muc-Off and have always used Castrol Greentec cleaner. This appears to be in short supply (Opie and others have 2 week wait on stock), has been discontinued (Sportsbikeshop), or is just in the hands of people that like to take the p**s (amazon ?17..and that's cheap vs any BMW dealer).

Cheers

R

SDOC100 for me is as good as anything for removing dirt/flies. Contains corrosion inhibitor as well and does a good job. Not cheap though!

I bought Muc-off miricale shine polish the other day, expensive at ?15 but a little goes a long way. Very easy to apply and not hard work at all to buff up and remove. Leaves a brilliant finish and bike much easier to clean following application. Worked well on plastics and also brought the swing arm back to a nice shine. Very impressed with this stuff. Need to find something for the Akra exhaust, ordered some Never Dull wadding metal polish. Remember my old man having it in the garage and he swore by it for metal cleaning.

The guy who did my paint protection install warned me away from anything like muc off that most people use to remove insects saying they were too aggressive. He recommended a completely standard PH neutral car shampoo but then the killer recommendation he made isn't cheap. He gave my bike a once over with something called gtechniq C2, and I swear you should see the water bead off the bike when it's wet/washed. It also makes sure that a milder shampoo gets rid of everything because the insects don't stick so well in first place. It lasts about 8 months per application so that's what I do now, ACF underneath and this gtechniq on top. It really is good stuff. Not cheap though.

When I have to wash the bike I use autoglym shampoo. I try to avoid using water liberally on it unless I really have to. Generally a microfiber cloth wet with shampoo solution to wipe off the rubbish followed by another cloth wet with clean water to wipe off the residue. I use carnuba wax on the parts that need extra gloss / protection beyond the venture shield so keeping the bike clean is a simple quick task unless I get caught out with mud / heavy rain.

Meguiars for the bike and muc off degreaser for chain and sprockets.

Muc-Off

I use Muc-Off cleaning products and would certainly recommend them.

Back