Bike Booked in to FTR for Suspension Setup

S1000RR  FORUM

Help Support S1000RR FORUM:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

chorsley

Reaction score
As I don't fully understand what effects what with adjutments and I am a tad on the heavy side at 100 kg without leathers I have decided to get the suspension setup proffesionaly, with a re-spring and re-valve as I cant afford a full Ohlins setup.:sorrow:

curently I find the rear suspension chatters under acceleration (I belive this is due to it being under sprung and under damped for my weight ?) and the front seems a tad soft under braking and cornering (agian due to it being under sprung and damped for my weight)

So the bike is booked in to FTR Suspension for the 21st of June really looking forward to have a bike that is setup correctly for me, which should make my enjoyment of the bike even better:adoration:

I bought my Ohlins from FTR and I have had a bit, not much, dialogue with them.

They are a fantastic bunch and I'm sure you will be impressed.

Good Luck
Davy

Well worth the money and you don't need the gold stuff to make a massive difference. MCT did mine and its was far less effort around the track and has given me a massive boost of confidence on the road as well.

Used Brian Nicholson at LJ Motorcycle Repairs in Twickenham, he did an excellent job with the stock stuff considering my 70kg.

Trying to get mine booked into see Perry at HM Racing in Edenbridge. Great bunch of guys.....

Used Brian Nicholson at LJ Motorcycle Repairs in Twickenham, he did an excellent job with the stock stuff considering my 70kg.

Any idea what he is likely to charge - just down the road for me and been thinking of getting a pro setup done before heading off to the TT.

im also 100kg without my leathers , so il be interested on how you get on, what you have done and more importantly the price lol

Any idea what he is likely to charge - just down the road for me and been thinking of getting a pro setup done before heading off to the TT.

Should be about £60, but he won't let you leave until it's sorted.

Well I had it done today and what a difference well worth the money only a re-spring required it cost £278 no more bouncing out of the saddle and the ride is very smooth

500 mile round trip for me so I think il give that a miss, does anyone know of a good place closer to Cardiff south wales

Back