Best Tail tidy

S1000RR  FORUM

Help Support S1000RR FORUM:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Tail tidy 2017

Morning all

just a couple weeks now until i pick up my new baby,any suggestions on best tail tidy to go for?

TIA
Ed

Re: Tail tidy 2017

Nope I'll be sticking with original indicators,got a intergrated tail/flasher rear light on my 899 and it's not safe so wouldn't go down that route again

TBH I got mines off ebay for around ?45, easy enough to install & neat little LED number plate light. The unit itself uses the original S1000RR indicators, which is good as the original indicators are cracking!! No corrosion on mine, and mine has seen its fair share of water (with the lovely summer we are having here in Scotland)

Link for the tail tidy posted below!

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/BMW-S1000...444572?hash=item3adff47adc:g:2WwAAOSw9IpXyz6Z

I have the Rizoma tail tidy on my bike.
Not cheap though
Got the Mrs to buy it for me :chuncky:

I'm trying to persuade my missus to get me a new helmet for my birthday to go with bike,it's like a work in progress thing still at the minute though

I've ended up buying the evotech one off of here,not overly convinced by R&G after the one I bought for my first gixxer needed the holes re-drilled as they didn't line up,common fault if you read online gixxer forums

I went for evotech. The rear LED light 2 of the 3 LEDs stopped working after about 20 months (was about 27,000 miles) so contacted them and they sent a replacement out free of charge.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Swapped my r&G one out as it was corroding and I didn't like how high up the indicators were. Splicing tail light is easy nowadays with positaps etc.

Last edited:
Evotech.. my R n G fell apart last month. I ordered an Evotech off their EB listings on a Wednesday to be told on Thursday morning that they were out of stock. They made me one on Friday and I had it delivered by Saturday... unbeleivable service. I still have the box it came in as thats well made too. The tail tidy is very well made and fitted perfectly. You wont be dissapointed.

S

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

Last edited:
Its late but thought Id add in the tail tidy I purchased a long time ago and only recently had fitted

New Rage Cycles Integrated LED Tail Tidy
Wiring did require splicing.

Pics below:

Hazards / both indicators on
IMG_2618.jpg

IMG_2625.jpg

Last edited:
I got that too, but have refixed the LEDs right at the top so plate sits higher. had some issues with the integrated light though, first one brake lights failed almost straight away (must get round to sending it back) the second one is ok but when you use the hazards it throws a failure light - although it resets when you turn off (brake light doesn't come on when hazards are on except if you have it on first - if that makes sense)
The boys I ride with reckon they can see it ok - but I'm thinking of maybe refitting some indicators.
I've got an R&G one with the bike but coating is flaking and I like the position of plate (and indicators) better on this one

Latest posts

Back