Best Tail tidy

S1000RR  FORUM

Help Support S1000RR FORUM:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

alol

Reaction score
Hi All new to this forum, Have gone through the welcome area but will prob ask loads of dumb questions that have been thoroughly discussed and sorted beforehand.

Best Tail tidy? Just had an RSV4 and had a Evo tech on it (which i was perfectly happy with) although they are top end price wise.

Do all variants require splicing of the wiring for the numberplate light as i had to do this on the Aprilia and would like to avoid this is possible.

Thanks

Tail Tidy

You might want to consider a tail tidy from SP Engineering. It's the only one that I've seen which allows you to retain both the OEM indicators and numberplate light and doesn't require any cutting or splicing of wires when fitting. I don't normally bother with tail tidies and such like but if I did that would be the one that I would purchase.

http://www.spengineering.co.uk/bmw-s1000rr-14-15-tail-tidy.html

Hi All new to this forum, Have gone through the welcome area but will prob ask loads of dumb questions that have been thoroughly discussed and sorted beforehand.

Best Tail tidy? Just had an RSV4 and had a Evo tech on it (which i was perfectly happy with) although they are top end price wise.

Do all variants require splicing of the wiring for the numberplate light as i had to do this on the Aprilia and would like to avoid this is possible.

Thanks

I've got the SP one, it's good

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Does the Evotech require splicing of the wire? SP engineering if so

Another vote for the SP
2cdf7bb5fa5d256ff964b5d33d75abdc.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Rizoma

I've always found Rizoma products somewhat overpriced but ?196 for a tail tidy is just ridiculous.

I went for this one as my indicators are intergrated into the seat unit
a6b7dc121a166cfc03967192f472d462.jpg
6834e81070af9bbd9c95b8338b39acd8.jpg
8b86b2da6253203fdbb4479d609bc7fd.jpg

Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk

How did you do that then, Everyone else says you have to cut thenumberplate wire

Motodynamics ones do not need any splicing at all, they come with the same connectors as the BMW lights too and are plug and play.

What sort of weight are they? I had a Evotech on my RSV4 which i removed for part exchanging and i have just bought an SP Engineering one which is a fair bit heavier. I have not fitted it yet as it has a chip on the finish and my smaller plate has not yet arrived, I am considering returning it. Didn't want another evotech as i didn't want to rewire it. Who stocks the Motodynamics ones?

Thanks

Requires splicing but with integrated lights on the gen 3 its very tidy

New Rage Cycles (NRC)

Again, Ive had Evotech Performance before and they're really well made good going on the advice lads :)
All down to opinion and price of the tidies

thumb_IMG_0118_1024.jpg

What sort of weight are they? I had a Evotech on my RSV4 which i removed for part exchanging and i have just bought an SP Engineering one which is a fair bit heavier. I have not fitted it yet as it has a chip on the finish and my smaller plate has not yet arrived, I am considering returning it. Didn't want another evotech as i didn't want to rewire it. Who stocks the Motodynamics ones?

Thanks

When i bought mine i had to get it imported direct from Motodynamics themselves over in California and they helped me out on the customs side of life too.

But i have seen someone selling them on Ebay who is a distributor for them in the UK now, and they used the pictures of my bike with the tail tidy, the flush fitted led indicators that fit into the fairings on the gen 2 where the vents are in the tail section and also the flush fitting front fairing indicators.

As for the weight of the tailtidy, it's a sturdy unit and in my opinion it comes with a better finish for the undertray too but that is a personal opinion obviously!

rear end.jpgtidy.jpg

Does the MD one seem to seal the undertail section? As in shouldn't let in any water into the underseat area with all those electronic connections etc
Have seem some where you can see down onto the rear wheel from inside = lots of water ingress

Latest posts

Back