Bentley

S1000RR  FORUM

Help Support S1000RR FORUM:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

stuartb

Reaction score
What about this. This is a kleenex job too, Had a run in it tonight.. what a motor.. it is incredibly fast for a 3 tonner and silent... beautifully finished inside... black piano wood..carbon fibre..massage chairs (which are amazing..7 modes).. 250 grand for this one.. W12 Engine.. some tool
055792660bec4590e969285683643c2c.jpg
416bb551bf3e34a2f9d4933bd23ab2e9.jpg
5842e52a40f19d3e9de6f8fcfad28a81.jpg
ee364a621e8f2f1a0b6e7ea0e83f9a27.jpg
38b0f7d13ae76bd279d32a9506d76921.jpg
a295616948d5ace87f7d3a5a09367262.jpg
b509495c92729099f626bef43b8412f1.jpg
cec98612d4222262a2fd09a7e2649ac4.jpg
648ede3fd1a1fe5792bc7d674d51fb84.jpg

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

Re: Get the kleenex ready...

Never seen one of them before, ?250k though , wow that's serious cash for a Chelsea tractor!

They are horrendous imo. The ugliest SUV to date by a country mile.

The Porsche Cayenne get's my vote on that one Soof, I'm not sure you would be so resolute after you had a blast..it's a magnificent piece of engineering... the interior is astonishing and blindingly fast.. maybe they were too scared to make it look anything other than a Bentley.

I could have cut about in it all night had I the chance..

I *think* the chassis is the same as the VW toerag and the w12 is two v6s mated on one drive shaft (at least that's what the w12 was prior). The styling is marmite at best. The inside is very nice but no more cows were skinned or landscapes deforested than any other Bentley sub ?150k. The ?250k price tag (and the vehicle) must exist for those discerning buyers who must have a vehicle with a Bentley badge no matter how vulgar and ostentatious it is just because it's a Bentley and stupidly expensive. A friend of my wife had one, fits the bill tbh. It was too big for her to park in her garage without scraping it to shit so (after a year of this lol) she got rid.

If I had ?250k and my life was void of reason to the point I needed to spend it on a Bentley I'd buy the continental and then buy a house for a homeless family with the ?100k left over ffs.

I generally take the view 'each to their own' but that monstrosity just takes the piss.

edit - just seen your post above Stu, I have been out in one myself with said friend ;) and I won't hold your taste in vehicles against you lol.

Last edited:
Thank you for posting Stu, glad you had a really good experience in the Bentley!
I've only seen a couple of these on the road to date.

Personally I'm really not a fan of the exterior looks either, but I agree with you that the interior appears to be of stunning quality (bet it smells and "feels" amazing!).
Watched a review of this car by Harry Metcalfe (Harry's Garage on YouTube) and he was throughly impressed with it.

I believe Soof is correct re the chassis and engine overlap with the VW Toureg, but I don't necessarily see this as a negative as this happens a lot in the automotive world.
A RR Ghost is based on a BMW 7 series, the V10 in an Audi R8 is based on the Lamborghini V10's etc.
I also disagree with the objection of cost, as at the end of the day if someone has the money, and wishes to spend it on a legitimate, taxable product, then good for them. They're boosting the economy, which benefits us all.
That being said, ?250 K on an SUV is a shed load of cash lol!

Re Cayennes, I actually rather like them lol ... but they definitely seem to be another polarising SUV too!
Personally I'd buy an Audi RS6 or a Porsche Panamera over a SUV though.

If I had ?250-300 K to spend on an ultimate luxury car, it'd be a RR Phantom [emoji16]
Though I'd blow it on a McLaren 720 S in reality!

P.S. Yea that's a weird spare wheel!

Funnily enough they have a Black Phantom with starlight headliner (?25,000 extra) stunning car I was in their outlet today..loads of nice expensive cars.

I sold him my B7 RS4 Avant a few years ago and he sold it on to Sandy Lyle the golfer lol.

I loved that car, I ran up 60,000 in 3 years. Work out the fuel consumtion... average 22mpg.. I was never out of it. Lol

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

Just seen this Stuart, definitely not my style. Laughed about the Sandy Lyle story, he's a canny man and there is no doubting that, he was picking up Bernhard Langers old tees when they played at the Ryder Cup. Better to buy a second hand luxury motor and let someone else take the hit when you are spending big.

JimmyMac

The starlights look cool, but ?25K, ouch!
You should check out the options list for a Bugatti Chiron ... Welcome to Billionaire world lol!

Oh cool, I really like RS4 Avant's too, makes loads of sense going for the estate as takes up no more space on the road but is way more practical.

Thanks for warming the weather up for us Stu!