Arc-on Apex Gloves

S1000RR  FORUM

Help Support S1000RR FORUM:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

alex

Forum Moderator
Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Just got these (birthday present from parents, didn't have them before Jerez!).

Fit it good, lovely soft leather, but they cause a weird pressure point at the base of the palm of the thumb where the wrist strap plastic is on my right hand only.

Deformed hand clearly.

If I keep them I'll review them more.

aeaf8b63ad02505fa21b11883b650f9c.jpg

- Sent from Mobile

These went back.
Whilst they are snazzy and have all the trimmings you want at this price point I felt they had too many question marks.

• Buckle of wrist strap dug in.
  • Fingers and palm were a bit baggy from the off.
  • Index finger slightly too short.
  • Overall they felt insecure.

I don't have the biggest hands or thick fingers. But my palm is 9cm across and the Index to wrist is 19cm and the middle finger to wrist 20cm.

I bought through sportsbikeshop, setup a return, and received a refund.

What I also did though was contact Arc-On directly, to give them feedback. I was pleased with their response and attitude, Ian, offered to replace the gloves at no extra cost and would test and check them first to make sure the initial issue I had with the hand made items wasn't repeated. I turned the offer down, because I felt that the rest of the glove just wasn't suited to my hands but if I was in the market for made to measure then I'd be giving him a call as these gloves have some great qualities.
  • Materials
    • Soft leather which felt very nice
    • Forcefield armour integrated
  • Protection in the right places
  • Afore mentioned support from the maker.

Replacements arrived today.

HELD Chikara Pro Size 9

d44aa44864c2da3910a558d451f81910.jpg

On first try, they are much tighter around the fingers and palm. They look very basic should be made of the right stuff where it counts. These will need breaking in.

Two great features are the wiper and the touch screen supporting fingers and thumbs.

- Sent from Mobile

Last edited:
I wouldn't have bought them just on the name. And I rate Held stuff but really?

...the Japanese word meaning power, capability, or influence

Not Shakira! ;)

I can think of worse thinks than putting my fingers into Shakira ;) but agree with Soof, when it comes to kit you should always buy the best fitting stuff you can afford and forget about brands and colours - the main reason I wear black is so I can wear different branded gear and it still match up.

Last edited:
Had an absolute nightmare with arc-on a few years ago. In short. Bought a custom fit suit from Ian. Went all the way from Middlesbrough to London to get measured up. Suit arrived literally nowhere near. Cuffs were half way up me forearms (must have thought I was a t Rex?). I then took 2 trips to bassingstoke to nine lives to get it rectified. Never worked out then had to take him to small claims court to get me money back. Ian gillet the owner is an arrogant prick and the gear is shite made in Pakistan.

Word of advice gents. Stay well clear.

Endedicated up going to a.m for a custom suit which amazingly fitted first time and is an amazing bit of kit

He's the biggest arrogant wanker I've ever had the misfortune to deal with. Rather than accept his products are shite and the process of him doing the measurements then sending them to pakistan to make a suit doesn't work he went down the path of blaming me. How the **** could it be my fault? I'm pretty sure my arms didn't shrink 6 inches in the shower since he message me. I might get the pics up when I get home from Silverstone for you all to have a laugh.

Hey Alps, don't put a video on here with you shrinking 6 inches in the shower, some dodgy bloke might play the film backwards and be selling the DVD's down the pub. Lol

I'll mention no names, haha.

JimmyMac

He's the biggest arrogant wanker I've ever had the misfortune to deal with. Rather than accept his products are shite and the process of him doing the measurements then sending them to pakistan to make a suit doesn't work he went down the path of blaming me. How the **** could it be my fault? I'm pretty sure my arms didn't shrink 6 inches in the shower since he message me. I might get the pics up when I get home from Silverstone for you all to have a laugh.
Wheres this image then ... sounds good for a laugh Alps..

S

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

Here is one I have found on photobucket. Sure I've got them all on a hard drive somewhere. This was the first attempt at the custom fit suit that turned up at the beginning of the near 2 year battle . As you can see the sleeves are erm slightly to short. I couldn't even do the zips up on because my wrist is slightly thinner than my forearm.

Yeah was having a bit of a crisis at that point in my life.

Its not really a story just a really bad experience with a company.

Shame its a good looking suit.. could have sworn your heads on upside down too..lol. youve the same haircut as me 😂

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

Yeah my head is the right way on these days. Hair on the top half.

Yeah it was a good looking suit but with the following issues it was a no go.

Sleeves half way up me arm
Elbow 3 inches to high
Back that you could fit 4 back protectors in
Arse you could put a space hopper in
Massive flap of leather at the knees that stuck out further than the knee slider (not ideal when I race)
Knees 3 inch lower than they should be
When sat on the bike a massive flap of leather 5 inches of excess fold.
Arm slider titanium coming out of the rubber holder

Think that's about it of the top of me head lol

Back