Aragon

S1000RR  FORUM

Help Support S1000RR FORUM:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Nice vid. I see you take the tighter line into the last corner as well. Plus you short shift coming out the corkscrew on the long left. Good watch

Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk

Yep didn't get enough time to improve but next year hopefully on it :) The VO2's are amazing :) Going into a lot of corners in too high a gear must keep those revs up

Last edited:
Did notice the revs on the last corner onto back straight was low. But the bmw doesnt half pull down there. Im going in at 9k ish on my old r1 but only just touching 170 at the end. Had zx s and bms coming past me down there like i was stood still 😂

Metzeler & Pirelli Race Tyres

There is a common misconception that the Supercorsa SC and Racetec RR are near-identical tyres that are simply rebranded given that Pirelli and Metzeler are the same company. This couldn't be further from the truth and their race compound tyres are completely different. The lines of development are also different with Metzeler focusing on road racing whereas Pirelli focuses on short circuit activity.

Tyre Compound

Yep was destroying a rear Metzeler SC2 in a day down there last year getting nearly 3 days from a VO2!!!! :)

Given the usually high track temperatures at Aragon you would have probably been better off using a K1 rear compound.

Re: Tyre Compound

Given the usually high track temperatures at Aragon you would have probably been better off using a K1 rear compound.

Nope tried a K1 at Portimao the year before and had the same issues!! Loads of tearing and it wasn't pressures or set up. Went onto Dunlop K108's and VO2's and my tyres were perfect and lasted nearly three days. Only using VO2's as they're cheaper than Dunlops but I am a convert now no more Metzelers for me.

NB no issues at all with K1 fronts they were spot on

Last edited:
Metzeler

I destroyed a rear Metzeler K2 in less than a day at Portim?o before switching to a K1 and had no issues at all and it lasted well. As for fronts I've never had any issues with either the K1 or K2 compound although the latter is far better in hot conditions as it feels much more stable. To date I really like Metzeler's RR race tyres and I've not had any reason to switch to another brand. That said tyre choice is a hugely subjective and personal thing.

Re: Metzeler

I destroyed a rear Metzeler K2 in less than a day at Portim?o before switching to a K1 and had no issues at all and it lasted well. As for fronts I've never had any issues with either the K1 or K2 compound although the latter is far better in hot conditions as it feels much more stable. To date I really like Metzeler's RR race tyres and I've not had any reason to switch to another brand. That said tyre choice is a hugely subjective and personal thing.

Yep think it might even be down to my style of riding as well matey. Hope to meet up with you maybe if you're on any Euros next year. No more for me this year got a big trip to India planned with mates on Enfields in Sept so don't want to risk any silly injuries if you know what I mean!!!
Looking at a possible Oct with Redline to Cartegena to top the year off :)

Metzeler

To get better wear from the Racetec RR rears I had to change my riding style. I've found that I get better wear rates if I'm smoother and more progressive with the throttle. I'm normally quite abrupt with the throttle on corner exit but by being smoother I extended tyre life. The other benefit was that I could actually apply the throttle much earlier than normal after apexing and make better advantage of the superb grip that they offer. It ultimately led to faster lap times. What I have noticed about the rear Metzeler race tyres is if you are too aggressive with the throttle tyre life reduces significantly and more so than other brands.

cant beleive i missed this thread as i was on the trip aswell :)

with regard to tyres at aragon,i'll never use a pirelli or metz there again,they shred far too easily,mainly down to the long left after corkscrew,and the last left onto start/finish.dunlops wear very well but are pricey compared to the v02's.the v02's are awesome though,give very good grip levels and i can get almost 2 days out of a rear at aragon,running mid fast group (2.07's).doesn't help that it's usually cold in the morning and very hot in the afternoon.

it really is a good track,but as mentioned,is a hard track to get a proper fast lap time,lots of trail braking,late/blind apex's

The new Dunlop 212 racers are really bad at Aragon, two of us chewed the rear up in 3 sessions, the kr however lasted a couple days

The new Dunlop 212 racers are really bad at Aragon, two of us chewed the rear up in 3 sessions, the kr however lasted a couple days
They are more road bias than the gp pro?

They are more road bias than the gp pro?

dunlop quote they are for tack day use without the worry of race tyre issues i.e. Pressures and also we were running slicks which states not fro highway use.
they have tried making a cheaper tyre for the track which clearly hasn't worked

Latest posts

Back