Anyone Heard

S1000RR  FORUM

Help Support S1000RR FORUM:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Malky

Reaction score
I did the Chris Walker Race School at Mallory Park last year and really enjoyed it.
Booked up again at the NEC last November to do Cadwell Park on 13th August. Received an e mail a week ago stating 'due to circumstances beyond our control' the day was cancelled. I checked the tracks website and see that MSV, the owners, are running a trackday/evening on that date.
They've said I'll get a refund but they're being a bit awkward about it. I've hunted on internet to see if there's issues but can't find anything. Their Facebook page has been wiped clean for sometime now and the website has had all remaining dates removed.
Anyone heard if its went bust or similar?

Hi there I'm have same issues I managed to get a reply only by contacting the fella who maintain the bikes and very quickly they contacted me and the emails have been really snotty they obviously have something to hide as I'm in the 4 the week trying to book and still have no answer to when where and why it's like this maybe trading standards need to be involved that's a lot of money the have of ours!!

They've now offered me alternate dates at snetterton or cadwell in September but just want money back now but they're still being awkward about refunding it to my credit card for some reason.

Anyone heard if its went bust or similar?

I have done a credit check on them for you and based on their latest accounts they are ok.

The advice to contact your credit card issuer is good advice. I would put in writing to CWRS that you will be taking that action if they don't refund you in 7 days from now. The card company will insist you provide evidence of a request for a refund so best get your ducks in a row and maybe you wont have too! Good luck.

lol.......always liked the guy myself and im sure if he could be contacted he would answer issues.....

Chris "stalker" walker Facebook page I was going to do this as a last resort

Try oulton park.....this weekend if not chester town centre Thursday.....at 3.......hel answer all question...

Malky...... Did you get your refund sorted? I think Rebecca has the arse with me love the way she thinks it's ok to respond when she can be bothered and then tell me to be patient I been trying to book this bloody thing for 4 weeks now ffs

Not yet, they're insisting that the credit card details aren't correct that we gave them to refund us. It's costing me a tenner to get a copy of my credit card accounts for last November to prove it was the right card. I'm finding this all a bit strange now. If you're thinking of booking for later this year, I would maybe hold off or take you're money elsewhere.

Not yet, they're insisting that the credit card details aren't correct that we gave them to refund us. It's costing me a tenner to get a copy of my credit card accounts for last November to prove it was the right card. I'm finding this all a bit strange now. If you're thinking of booking for later this year, I would maybe hold off or take you're money elsewhere.

Even if it is a different last 4 digits, it should not stop them giving you a refund. Definitely something fishy going on there.

Maybe speak to your CC company and save yourself the tenner. Just tell them the problem they should sort it out for free.

I've tried phoning the race school but nobody ever answers and all contact has been through e mail. They wanted me to e mail them my credit card details which I'm not keen to do. Credit card company will only give us account details after we've paid, as on line statements only cover 6 months. So, bit of a stalemate at the moment until I get some info:(

If it smells like it, sounds like it and looks like it, then it probably is.....

If you do what has been recommended and contact the card issuer explaining you've not had what you have paid for, can't get a refund for spurious reasons, you'll get your money back.

and lumpy is spot on, very strange behaviour, and never email your card details to anyone, ever.

The plot thickens!!!
Because I'd booked leave and hotels, the wife and I decided to come down to Lincoln anyway for a short break. As I said before there was a MSV trackday on at Cadwell so nipped along this morning for a wee look see. Spoke to staff in the circuit office and told them what had happened about the race school. They were very puzzled as the Chris Walker Race School was never going to take place there and was never on their calendar. I told them I had been given an alternative date for it in September and they said no way it was taking place as they have had no bookings from the race school at all.
This is now entering into a bit of a fraud sort of thing so two things:
1. Has anyone been on or heard of anyone who has been on one of Chris Walkers Race School this year?
2. My advice to anyone on here or any mates who are thinking of contacting them for the Snetterton/Cadwell dates they offered me as alternatives, don't bother cause it ain't happening
Now severely hacked off

Malky I got a response and apparently they were refunding my money in the next 2 days but I can't say they have as it was my mother who paid but she away till Monday . I got a responce as I sent an email from my work email threatening legal action so I think that helped as I work for BMW Uk so shall. See

Latest posts

Back