Another one bites the bullet

S1000RR  FORUM

Help Support S1000RR FORUM:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

S1BAT

Reaction score
...or should I say buys a bullet.
What an awesome machine. Bought a '13 in Saphire black and rode it back from Scotland to Surrey (now fondly known as The Bat....).

Preparing for a mad commute so Looking forward to lots of hints and tips from this site.
Some initial questions; thoughts welcome:
1. Need a cover that will go onto hot pipes and has security loops, to keep the bike out of sight during the day AND is relatively easy to strap on the back to bring home/take every day.
2. How to get a chain lock on it securely?! - can only think through the pipes at the front?
3. Thinking of this lock - anyone use this on the RR - how do you put it on if so? http://www.almax-security-chains.co...eries-IV--Uber-+-Squire-SS65CS-Lock/p-73-129/

Also isn't it weird how you think a bike is reasonably rare until you have one and then the first bike meet I turn up at there is one parked right next to me! Ha!

Welcome, don't think I would get a chain through the pipes at the front on mine , I usually put it through a wheel to a floor anchor, but that is in my garage, I suppose you want it for commuting.

I have an all max chain and squire lock and use the oxford bike cover with a dis clock on front. Chain it to lamp posts at stansted airport and have a shackle in conc base at home. You would need a 40t 360 machine to dig up the base, 3mSquare and 2 m deep that connects to chain after it's put up on abba centre stand

Latest posts

Back