Another Newbie

S1000RR  FORUM

Help Support S1000RR FORUM:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Hi all,

Have used this forum a couple of times for advice and thought it time I joined! I bought a 13' plate S1000RR last September but haven't ridden much over the winter owing to the weather and too many hours at work. Today was it's bedding in service, just in time for spring / summer! :eek:nthego:

Either I'm being a biff or I can't upload images, possibly because I'm new?

It's just a standard S1000RR in black. Mods so far are a double bubble screen, D3 tail tidy with a slightly smaller plate, stormgrip tanks pads (best £40 I've ever spent), and a set of TRW rearsets that are currently in the post. I'm 6' 4" so doing what I can to get a little more comfortable.

I've removed the pillion footpegs as I think it tidies up the rear a little more, and I adjusted the play in the throttle as it was way too loose for my liking. All I plan to do now is fit some crash protection and ride as much as I can through summer, hopefully doing a few trackdays along the way.

Hi Phil. Favourite that I've ridden is the Nordschleife..
I know it well, after a few years riding it on public days just by chance in 2006 I found Motorrad (bike mag) Perfection Trainings at the Nordschleife and signed up for a course. 8 years on from that 1st course and approx 6 or 7 more I now feel that I am done with the Nordschleife.
How often have you been there?

I went 6 times over a two year period, a couple of times with friends and then a few on my own. I haven't been over for several years now, though I'm hoping to go back again within the next 2 or 3 years. I've still got a lot to learn over there!

Latest posts

Back