Akrapovic to quiet

S1000RR  FORUM

Help Support S1000RR FORUM:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Darren jones

Reaction score
Hi all have the stubby akrapovic end only on a s1000 as I don't want to affect the warranty my mate was behind on his bike and said it was far to quiet does anyone have suggestion of wich end can to put on perhaps with removable baffle so can have it as loud as I like

unless you remove the cat I doubt you will find anything noiser than the akrapovic, without the cat the stubby is seriously loud.

There must be some can`s out there that are loud with out taking cat off. Perhaps Scorpion GP Red line , AR Racing , Yoshi

Unfortunately I don't think there is. The cat is where all the noise is deadened.

as said the stubby aka is one of the loudest, the big collector box and cat deadens any noise, you could always buy the headers and link pipe, and if you really need to switch back to the original.

Sorry for sounding stupid the big collector box does this house the cat? if not can I just take that off and buy a link pipe will this also need a power commander or is that only when you remove the cat.

this is what it looks like inside the pipes when you cut the hunk of junk off.... bare in mind the cat element was in both sides because you cut thru it,i'd already smashed that bit out...

2014-02-08174642.jpg

I'm the same, if you take cat out and stick a link pipe in, do you need to put a power commander on as i found doing this previous bike hunted which annoyed me.

I'm the same, if you take cat out and stick a link pipe in, do you need to put a power commander on as i found doing this previous bike hunted which annoyed me.

Idiot just notice someone asked the same question...slap for me.

speak to your bmw dealer, but the mechanic at mine seem to think if you disconnect the battery for a bit when you reconnect and fire up the edu should sort all the fuelling out . haven't done to mine yet but fitted a full arrow to my f800gs a month or so ago did the same and it all seem fine.

unless you remove the cat I doubt you will find anything noiser than the akrapovic, without the cat the stubby is seriously loud.
second that ... I've got the stubby Akra and no cat,,,, ferkin noisy I can tell thee :encouragement: at least the cars aint go no excuse for not knowing you're there

Figure removing the cat will void any warranty :(

Also sure I read somewhere that the link pipe and headers was not compatible with the slip on Akra pipe

Latest posts

Back