Akra Moto GP slip-on (and hanger)

S1000RR  FORUM

Help Support S1000RR FORUM:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

RMD80

S1000RR Supporter
Reaction score
Hello all,

I?ve just fitted an Akrapovic Moto GP slip-on to my 2017 RR. Very pleased with the exhaust but my issue is the hanger. I have a pillion seat with foot pegs and I?m looking to remove the foot pegs and get a seat cowl, but I will need to replace the right foot peg with a hanger for the exhaust. The Akrapovic carbon hanger is ?150, so my questions are:

- Does anyone know of a decent looking hanger that doesn?t cost ?150?

- If I buy the BMW seat cowl, does it come with the hanger for the original exhaust?

Cheers,
Ross

Akrapovič

Unfortunately Akrapovič parts and exhausts have always been expensive but you are paying for exceptional build quality and R&D. On a positive note resale value is always very good with their products. There are other exhaust hanger brackets out there but the difficulty will be finding one which is suitable. As for the BMW rear seat cover, it will not come supplied with any other parts. If you want the OEM hanger bracket you will have to buy that separately.

Not sure if I?m reading this correctly but my exhaust fitted straight on
5aa45f81b967e027edadcc20ff8dcf7e.jpg

But I?ve never had pillion set up

Thanks for the replies guys. The exhaust fits straight on but the foot peg is integrated within the hanger so I either remove the peg from the hanger (which makes the hanger look even worse) or I buy a new hanger and completely remove the existing hangers (and foot pegs). At the moment I?ve kept both foot pegs on, and it looks okay, but I?d like to find a solution so that I can remove the pegs. Perhaps the OEM hanger is an option, I?m not overly bothered about it being carbon, and it?s surely cheaper than ?150.

Evo tech do a cheaper alternative
Give Jordan a ring at HM racing he will point you in the right direction

Last edited:
Hello all,

I’ve just fitted an Akrapovic Moto GP slip-on to my 2017 RR. Very pleased with the exhaust but my issue is the hanger. I have a pillion seat with foot pegs and I’m looking to remove the foot pegs and get a seat cowl, but I will need to replace the right foot peg with a hanger for the exhaust. The Akrapovic carbon hanger is ?150, so my questions are:

- Does anyone know of a decent looking hanger that doesn’t cost ?150?

- If I buy the BMW seat cowl, does it come with the hanger for the original exhaust?

Cheers,
Ross

Hey RMD80;

I have been contemplating putting the Akra GP slip-on on my 2017 S1000RR. The reason I want it (other than looks & weight loss) is I wanted to hear a little exhaust sound - but nothing too obnoxious. A full exhaust is a bit complicated and expensive, and I don't want to mess with fueling.

My question is, how does it sound? I have read in some forums that it really makes no difference due to the cat. What is your impression of the sound volume and character in relation to the stock exhaust. Also did it have any effect on the running of your engine (ie any loss of low end power?

Thanks for your input
Amnesia

Hi Amnesia,

I was also disappointed with the sound of the stock exhaust on my ?17RR. I had an akra slip on fitted to my XR and really liked the sound, hence going for the akra on the RR. The sound is noticeably louder but nothing like a full system. The slip-on also makes the cracks, bangs and warbles that are missing on the stock exhaust, especially when you roll off the throttle. Friends who have seen and heard the exhaust were all impressed.

In terms of it affecting the running of the engine - nothing. In my experience, it?s only when you have a full system fitted that you?ll have those issues.

In summary, I think you?ll be very pleased with the akra if you choose to go for it!

Ross

Hi Amnesia,

I was also disappointed with the sound of the stock exhaust on my ?17RR. I had an akra slip on fitted to my XR and really liked the sound, hence going for the akra on the RR. The sound is noticeably louder but nothing like a full system. The slip-on also makes the cracks, bangs and warbles that are missing on the stock exhaust, especially when you roll off the throttle. Friends who have seen and heard the exhaust were all impressed.

In terms of it affecting the running of the engine - nothing. In my experience, it?s only when you have a full system fitted that you?ll have those issues.

In summary, I think you?ll be very pleased with the akra if you choose to go for it!

Ross

RMD80,

Thanks for the feedback. That's exactly what I wanted to hear. I'm definitely going to get one. I saw one with an arrow full system which was pretty nice, but he was having "issues" with fueling (Bazzaz). I really like the way the bike runs now and hate to mess with it.

The only down side that I can see with the Akra is if I decide down the road to go complete system, Akra may not be a great choice. I've heard that they are crazy loud, and it seems the GP has no baffle that you can add to silence it a little (probably because of the screen covering the end). My local track has pretty strict noise rules, so I probably couldn't ride it there.

Thanks for the help
Amnesia

Latest posts

Back