ABS sensor position on front wheel?

S1000RR  FORUM

Help Support S1000RR FORUM:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Glyncoman

Reaction score
Hello! Took front wheel off mine to change tyre & brake pads (first time on a S1000RR for me) undid clamping nuts on left fork by mistake to take out spindle, I think I've moved the position of front wheel spindle in the process. There for i may have upset ABS sensor position. Any body know whether the sensor should be touching disc or should there be a gap?

Many thanks

Glyncoman

Thanks for that Godzilla! I have moved the wheel by undoing all clamping bolts and tapping the whole spindle back a little so sensor has a clearance. There's no flashing ABS lights on dash now. Think it's fixed.

Phew could have been another nail in the ahem I meant story for the s1000rr article.

Thanks for that Godzilla! I have moved the wheel by undoing all clamping bolts and tapping the whole spindle back a little so sensor has a clearance. There's no flashing ABS lights on dash now. Think it's fixed.

Good, let me know if you want the clearance measured, but if its all working maybe no need.

Latest posts

Back