ABS in different modes.

S1000RR  FORUM

Help Support S1000RR FORUM:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

preynol1

S1000RR Supporter
Reaction score
I was playing around with emergency stops this weekend with some mates. In rain and sport using the front lever only the bike pitched forward but back wheel stayed planted, ABS cut in but the stopping distance was almost twice the jap stuff!
In race the same but the back lifted by afoot I'm told and I released the front.

I've two questions how do you know if it's the ACS or ABS controlling braking ?

And in RACE will it allow rear lift but stop you flipping ?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Hi congrats on the new bike! ...here's a link explaining the effect of each mode on the electronics....hope this helps ;)
https://medium.com/armins-blog/2015-bmw-s1000rr-understanding-user-mode-1a9016e7c430

You'll see that RACE allows some rear wheel lift.
Also interesting that you were experiencing much longer braking distances than the Jap bikes?? I've found the Beemer's brakes to be exceptional and a noticeable improvement on my '14 blade, K9 GSXR etc. Which Jap bikes were your mates riding?

As you can see in the picture in sport mode the front end was loaded and tyre squashed, but I think the ASC over rode the ABS to stop wheel lift
50b597279012ada2bacd60a60f69d732.jpg

In race mode the rear lifted and I bottled it not knowing if the ASC would take over. A foot feels vertical on a new bike!

My mates were on a mixture of road bikes and stopped a good bike length to me in rain / sport. I am sure the stoppie control took over. I need to try again in race and see if I can reach the point where the bike takes over.

Latest posts

Back