A lor of problems with QS in my new 2015

S1000RR  FORUM

Help Support S1000RR FORUM:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

DocS1000RR

Reaction score
Hi, I haVe bought a s1000rr yesterday, it has now 50km.

I put the reverse QS, but the shift is very very very hard, if I use the clutch it works correct, but if I want to use quickshift it's impossibly, it was very very very hard, for upshift and for downshift. I'ts normal?? do I need to recolocate the arm for a correct angle with the quickshifter? I's very hard, I only can shift using the the clutch.

Thanks.

Hi, great opening post...

How did you reverse the shift? What exact steps have you taken? Which rearsets are you using?

Sorry, I'm in the work and I'm very procupped about it and I didn't put first message in the presentation forum. Sorry of my bad english i'm from spain.

They reversed the shift in the BMW, they moved the insertation point of the shifter from the front hole to the rear hole in the OEM rearsets.

I'ts very hard, with clutch it works OK, but using QS is partial imposible, you need to make a lot of power to insert a gear, twice up and down shift; I only can make 1 correct shift of 10 attempts, it's very hard.

The bike has 50km; and they said me there aren't any recall for this bike (about the new arm shift).
Thanks a lot.

Hello and welcome, not a great start with your bike.
I can't help with your problem but the obvious thing to do is to take it back so that it works properly.
The shifter is a bit tricky when it's new but yours certainly doesn't sound correct.
Enjoy the bike when you get it fixed, it's worth a bit of hassle at the start

I had my (BMW) alarm fitted at my first service which also involves changing the battery. When I collected the bike the quickshifter had been turned off and the dealer then had to recode the bike. Your problem sounds similar? I would take the bike back to the dealer.

I had my (BMW) alarm fitted at my first service which also involves changing the battery. When I collected the bike the quickshifter had been turned off and the dealer then had to recode the bike. Your problem sounds similar? I would take the bike back to the dealer.

The shifter works, because when I press the rearset it cuts power and you can ear the farts in the exhaust. The thing is that it cuts spark but the gear don't change because it's very hard. Correect using the clutch. can you put a photo of your shifter to see the angle between shifter and the arm? Please. Thanks.

Try resetting the quick shifter by going through the gears from 1-6 and back down to 1st using the clutch

It sounds wholly badly done.

All,
Is it in the manual that you can do this? On the OEM rearsets?

I'm sure you know this, but just in case, you must not touch the clutch lever and the throttle must be closed for the auto blip on the downshift to work.

It has been written that the downshift works on a static throttle, but in my experience, this is not true, the throttle must be fully closed.

I had similar issues to what you describe to begin with.

It comes from years of 'covering the clutch' with one finger (I used to ride 2 strokes).

If you are doing this correctly, then you may have other issues, adjustment of the gear lever is very critical, so you need to check the angles of the lever/shifter.

One other thing, my bike recently had a software update by the dealer, it improved the shifter hugely, so it would be worth checking which software is installed in the ECU
Mine is K001-15-07-510

One last thing, you must allow the shifter to fully return between gears, if you don't then the next gearchange will not work and you will have the symptoms you describe.

Hope this helps.

Mark.

Try resetting the quick shifter by going through the gears from 1-6 and back down to 1st using the clutch

That's it!! I went to the BMW and they put the bike in a stand and do that you say, Neutral, few seconds 1, fee seconds 2....etc and then downshift to neutral; and now woks perfect!! The shift is harder than my old gsxr 600 with HM Quickshifter, but they said me thats normal, it's different bike and it's a NEW bike wirh only 100km. They say the shift will be smoothwr with km and when they change the first oil. It's ok?

Now is working!! It's awsole how it farts with OEM exhaust!!

Another thing: there a menu to put on The blipper??

Is this a correct angle?? Can you put a photo or yours? Thanks.
3fff64f210993a3d542632f250d328d4.jpg
a1a8b23a8f93ee4e576d4f206d846c31.jpg

Reverse Shift Pattern

You should not need to alter the upper gear linkage from the factory set position when reversing the gear shift pattern. You only need to move the selector rod position on the gear shift lever as per the manual.

Reverse Shift Pattern

Providing you have not altered the factory set upper gear linkage position then yes the angle is correct.

Re: Reverse Shift Pattern

The angle looks wrong to me, the scribe mark on the gear change shaft should line up with the split in the gear shifter, yours looks like it is one spline to the left.

Try removing the pinch bolt and moving the shifter to make sure the scribe matches the split and you should see an improvement.

Has your bike had the recall done on the upper gear linkage if not get it done . Your linkage may have spun on the splines

They sais me there arent any recall, but I see the numbers of the piece and this finish with a 1. Thats the old piece no?? What I do if they say there aren't any recall??

Latest posts

Back