4 TYCO RACE bikes stolen from the NEC

S1000RR  FORUM

Help Support S1000RR FORUM:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Scumbags.

I doubt they will, but I hope they catch them.

I know these things get broken for parts but you'd hope they became too hot to handle.

thieving scum bags, chop their fecking hands off that'll stop them.

I'd love to do it to the little shit who stole my blade

It's a damn shame, spoke with one of the BMW reps at length about Hutchie's bike, and how close the super stock bike was to the road bike etc. Bike will turn up, God knows what condition though. Not to long ago Ducati's Decimodic was stolen from a London show room, so thieves are getting real confident. Makes sense why they were chaining up bikes in hall 4 for bike parking.

These guys do need to be lined up and shot.... having said that, you do have to question the sanity of the guy who put four of these in a transit outside a hotel at a major bike show.

These guys do need to be lined up and shot.... having said that, you do have to question the sanity of the guy who put four of these in a transit outside a hotel at a major bike show.

They weren't in a transit they were nicked with a transit.
They were in a race transporter which you would hope was fairly secure. But its still a truck at the end of the day

A few years ago Rizla Suzuki had their bikes stolen. Shakeys bike turned up in a dung heap from what I remember. It was very bizarre, just before the Knockhill round of bsb it was.

What I don't understand is, if they know it was a white transit they used to steal the bikes, surely they must have has CCTV footage from the hotel, and therefore probably a number plate, unless it was on false plates.

Also, it must have been a big transit to get four bikes in, most will only take 2, which narrows it to a long wheelbase transit.

Note to self, buy a tracker and hide it in the bike.

If some thieving cnut really whats your bike a tracker wont stop them, the organised bast***d have jammers or lined vans that block the signal.
It will give you a chance to get it back from a lowlife amateur.
When my blade was nicked someone grassed up the thieves, but the police never did anything because they could not put the grass at risk, which they would have done had they arrested the thieves.

You're assuming they care if they are undamaged or not...I bet leant against each other an SWB could get in more than 2 ;)
Race trucks with signage all over them are possibly a poor choice of place to keep these things in hindsight. (Assuming they were in a Tyco emblazoned one)

But ultimately you shouldn't need to bolt everything down...

The thing with CCTV usually means you have nothing more than a nice video of em stealing your stuff , which is a real piss boiler !!
I wonder if the race transporter left in the car park overnight had any livery on it ?

It's a shame as each year motorcycle live seems to be smaller and smaller. Suppose TAS racing won't turn up next year, which limits the high spec beamers you can see. Good job the hp race wasn't there aye?

Though nothing to do with bike theft, I thought you may be interested in an incident that happened to me and a customer of mine just before I retired from the motor trade. The customer, a scaffolding contractor, rang me one night just as we were closing down for the day. Their problem was that one of their trucks had broken down on the A63 with a suspected broken accelerator linkage. The driver had managed to park the vehicle, a Ford Cargo, on a lay by just outside of Hull, where my garage was based. The customer said it would be ok for me to pick up the driver the following morning, repair the truck and let the driver return to his depot in Hull. So off I went to the local Ford truck dealer and collected various ball joints and things that night, ready for the job in hand the next morning.
Bright and early the next day I collected the driver from his work place, made sure he had the keys, and travelled down the A63 to the lay by to the broken down vehicle. By now you'll know where I'm going with this tale! We travelled up and down the A63 looking for the truck. We thought we had gone to the wrong lay by at first, but slowly it dawned on us that some low life had stolen it. The tw@ts had either repaired the truck? or towed it away. To this day I don't know how they had the nerve to do it. It's not the same as breaking in, forcing the steering lock and driving off, rather smartly. We never saw that truck again.....

On that vein, my first car was a Vauxhall Chevette, in 1970s brown poo colour. It broke down on the A34 near Oxford. Managed to get it to a layby and got a mate to pick me up. By the time we'd been off to get the tow rope and returned the car was gone never to be seen again (which was no bad thing) lol.

Latest posts

Back