33k service done # ouch

S1000RR  FORUM

Help Support S1000RR FORUM:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Steadynow

Reaction score
So, just FYI. I've hit 33k of year round, rare wash mileage (64 plate). I rolled into my main dealer for a well overdue tinker. Everything was ok with the bike on the whole, i needed valves doing and few consumables, plugs, filters, brake fluid etc... it was down on power too ... but just a note to anyone heading into the thirties, my timing cam chain was v slack... glad they found and replaced (?300) but if that had gone... wow. Just road mileage too.. no tracks. chap said it was pretty much hanging off!

it was a big bill for all work, inc another Rosso 3, but i'm ready for another 30k now...

It's going like a train. just watch those chains!

maybe Renthal make a timing chain? hmmmmm

Respect for the mileage and thanks for posting the info about servicing.

Hey Steady that's really good mileage glad you're using the beast properly.

Did you have issues when your insurance company realised you'd do so much mileage?

I have read that rear Cush drives seem to go our s1krr's how many have you had replaced?

insurance went up when i hiked it from 6k PA, but not too much.. Hastings Direct

am not too bothered about the Cush right now, still rides fine, will check it again when the tyre is changed in spring i think. Or sooner if i get the wobbles!

You're deffo on your way there...there's GSA's with a tenth of those miles at the same age!

Latest posts

Back