2019 Euro Trip

S1000RR  FORUM

Help Support S1000RR FORUM:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

2002sportevo

S1000RR Supporter
Reaction score
For the first time since 2011 I'll not be at the TT this year - instead, me and three mates are heading on a 'Euro Trip' for the next seven days, I'm just finalising packing then leaving for the Newcastle ferry at lunchtime...?.handy thing about one of my friends having a GSA is that the right pannier contains the beer for the boat :)

Get into Ijmuiden tomorrow morning then headed across Holland / Germany to the N?rburgring area where we will spend our first night. Then heading down towards the B500, then Garmish Partenkirchen and hopefully venture to the Stelvio Pass if it decides to open before the 1st June. Then winding our way back up through Liechtenstein, into Holland staying a night in Venlo before finally arriving back in Ijmuiden.

Seven nights, just over 2000 miles - looking forward to it :)

For the first time since 2011 I'll not be at the TT this year - instead, me and three mates are heading on a 'Euro Trip' for the next seven days, I'm just finalising packing then leaving for the Newcastle ferry at lunchtime...?.handy thing about one of my friends having a GSA is that the right pannier contains the beer for the boat :)

Get into Ijmuiden tomorrow morning then headed across Holland / Germany to the N?rburgring area where we will spend our first night. Then heading down towards the B500, then Garmish Partenkirchen and hopefully venture to the Stelvio Pass if it decides to open before the 1st June. Then winding our way back up through Liechtenstein, into Holland staying a night in Venlo before finally arriving back in Ijmuiden.

Seven nights, just over 2000 miles - looking forward to it :)
Make sure you do Jaufen pass, very nice road. And if you finish all the beer in GSA, there is a nice brewery in Merano - Forst when you can top up (Braugarten Giardino FORST)

Stelvio is still looking crap.

http://www.bormio3.it/passo_dello_stelvio/webcam-panorama.php

Ready to go.......that Hepco and Becker extender plate makes carrying luggage even easier, great piece of kit....DSC_1030.jpg

PS - This is my first attempt at using Tapatalk so please excuse the picture orientation - not sure how to correct it !

Sent from my E5823 using Tapatalk

Last edited:
Have a great trip!
We like pictures no matter the orientation :)

But for ref its based on the way you held the phone and stored the pic.

So rotate and resave in the phone, then upload.

- Alex

Have fun, ride safe and take lots of pics....mate and I are looking at planning this for next year but will be catching ferry down to Santander!

Keep us posted

Hope your having fun! I?m 5 weeks behind ya! [emoji965][emoji100][emoji100][emoji100]
Ride safe and post some pics. [emoji1303]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Great first day over here, weather been fantastic, arrived at Nurburgring around 1600hrs and the Touristfahrten session opened at 1700hrs [emoji16] 25 Euros a lap, was fantastic and was lucky enough to get a relatively traffic free lap first time out.

Now at the Sliders Guesthouse which is perfect and has copious amounts of cold beer at 2 Euros a pop [emoji16]

Last edited:
Well, they made a road thru today
159990deaa4f63576fec50cd5eaf855b.jpg

Had a long day yesterday, from Nurburgring down to Villingen-Schwenningen, avoided all motorways and took in some amazing roads and scenery down the side of the Rhine.

Highlight of the day was the B294 which was epic, road was fairly quiet, surface excellent and was almost like a road legal version of the Nurburgring :)

Just having brekkie then get hard up and head to Garmisch-Partenkirchen....weather great again so fingers crossed it stays that way.

Unfortunately the weather turned today but still having a great trip, had a fantastic run over the B500 before the heavens opened, now on the beer in Garmisch-Partenkirchen [emoji16][emoji481][emoji16]Screenshot_20190526-000230.jpg

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back