2017 vibration

S1000RR  FORUM

Help Support S1000RR FORUM:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Hi. Still waiting on the powder coaters. Difficult to push them as if I do they will do it as a batch on their own which will mean they cost twice as much. Don't know about priming and spraying. They are made with 316 grade to prevent staining and pitting.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I'm still interested GixxerChuck

Just to say that the @GixerChuck Positive Vibes bar ends are indeed very good!

I have the stainless version, and the build quality is first class ...

Re vibration, there is a significant reduction throughout the majority of the re range, to the point that I have never had a numb hand since.
Can literally ride all day with no problems ... my arse is the weak link lol!

Oli

Just to say that the @GixerChuck Positive Vibes bar ends are indeed very good!

I have the stainless version, and the build quality is first class ...

Re vibration, there is a significant reduction throughout the majority of the re range, to the point that I have never had a numb hand since.
Can literally ride all day with no problems ... my arse is the weak link lol!

Oli

Know what you mean, I have my arse covered by the comfort seat I bought on FB several weeks ago; makes a hell of a difference to me. Hoping to get the bar ends before my September trip to Spain then that's my weak link sorted...

Have messaged first 5 as have 5 sets now. Will message others if they don't want them. Getting another batch sorted as well eta 10 days

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Know what you mean, I have my arse covered by the comfort seat I bought on FB several weeks ago; makes a hell of a difference to me. Hoping to get the bar ends before my September trip to Spain then that's my weak link sorted...

I've been contemplating the comfort seat for ages, I don't like how the OEM seat slants forward so much and is very narrow by the tank.
If I was designing a seat it'd be flat (like on the HP4 Race), moderately padded but wide front to back and wrapped in Alcantara for all weather grip.

Am very glad to hear you've been getting on well with the comfort seat.
I'm 6"2" so the extra leg room would do me well!

I'm sure you'll have the bar ends in time for your trip, and I'm confident they'll be exactly what you're after

Oli

I've been contemplating the comfort seat for ages, I don't like how the OEM seat slants forward so much and is very narrow by the tank.
If I was designing a seat it'd be flat (like on the HP4 Race), moderately padded but wide front to back and wrapped in Alcantara for all weather grip.

Am very glad to hear you've been getting on well with the comfort seat.
I'm 6"2" so the extra leg room would do me well!

I'm sure you'll have the bar ends in time for your trip, and I'm confident they'll be exactly what you're after

Oli

I could be convinced to sell mine. With shorter legs like mine it's quite a reach (not like a GSA of course)

GixxerChuck, please put me down for a pair of black bar end weights!

Many thanks,

Mjj

I have bad vibration around the 3.8-4k limit. As alex said, Just use gears to work around it.

I have bad vibration around the 3.8-4k limit. As alex said, Just use gears to work around it.

Quite right, it's an avoidable part of the rev range.

However, when cruising at motorway speeds the Positive Vibes bar ends are very effective :).

OK
so ordered Friday, posted Saturday (as promised) arrive today - Tuesday.

1 minute to fit each side then out for a blast.....

good route up from home to cheddar gorge, then wells, then home... 40ish miles

Done this route a few times and always dead hands at certain streches...... but today.... no such problem :)

Amazing! left me to concentrate on the riding rather than thinking I can't feel the front brake.

I know you can ride around it, but now there's no thinking about it - just ride

Highly recommend - transformed the bike.

Spraggy

OK
so ordered Friday, posted Saturday (as promised) arrive today - Tuesday.

1 minute to fit each side then out for a blast.....

good route up from home to cheddar gorge, then wells, then home... 40ish miles

Done this route a few times and always dead hands at certain streches...... but today.... no such problem :)

Amazing! left me to concentrate on the riding rather than thinking I can't feel the front brake.

I know you can ride around it, but now there's no thinking about it - just ride

Highly recommend - transformed the bike.

Spraggy
Glad you like them. Gives me a buzz knowing people rate them!

Latest posts

Back