2017 vibration

S1000RR  FORUM

Help Support S1000RR FORUM:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

spraggy

Reaction score
Hi Guys
I have a grey 2017 s1000RR - my previous post was about removing baffles....
anyway...
vibration is driving me mad - road riding gives me a numb right hand, to the point where if riding normal speeds, using the front brake leaves no feeling and very iffy!
anyone else got this?
yes I know faster riding stops this (i've tried it and it works!) but at times you have to stick to road speeds, and after 10 mins or so, right hand is dead!
I tried emailing the guy that does bar weights (in black) but he needs more orders to make it worth while......
so I'm stuck with dead right hand after 15- 25 mins of street riding that leaves me unable to feel the brake

apart from that - no issues at all :)

any ideas

Spraggy

3750 is very buzzy for me. I just use the gears to work around it.

If GixxerChuck can't fulfill orders then I guess Evotech bar ends are the next best thing.

I'd be up for a pair of weights if more orders are required.

I suffer with the same at ~4krpm; if I take my hand off the clip on I can actually see the end of the bar oscillating.

I would be interested in a set as I also suffer from an achy right wrist on my 17. I had put this down to ergonomics but maybe it is vibration...

Sent from my HTC 10 using Tapatalk

Anyone know what the weight of standards bars are? So can compare to aftermarket.... cheers

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I have stainless ready to post now. ?59. Would be over a week to get powder coated done.

I have stainless ready to post now. ?59. Would be over a week to get powder coated done.

I will take a black set, if you can let me know how much please

Suffering from exactly the same problem as the OP on my '17. Dangerous when the hand goes numb and you cannot modulate the front brake. So a set of bar ends in black for me too. GixxerChuck; please let us know how to order. Thanks.

Standard ones are 129g. Mine are over 250g.
If anyone wants stainless they are ?59. (?53 for premier members)
Taking some for powder coating tomorrow and won't know price until they do them. Cost will be what it costs me to get them done (around ?10 a set from memory)
Link to main page showing ordering. I will update this post when I have the powder coated in.
https://s1000rrforum.co.uk/showthread.php?5624-Vibration-reducing-bar-ends

Brilliant - please update when black / powder coated are in - I'll have a set

@ GixxerChuck, il deffo have a set of powder coated off you as well, was reading the thread on FB about this where your name came up, let me know when available and il sort payment out,

Regards

They sorted the vibes out on mine. Sooo much nicer to ride

Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk

Can't be bothered to keep waiting so ordered Evotech

Hi
Any news on black bar ends yet?
Do you think priming and spraying the plain metal ones satin black would work?

Spraggy

Hi. Still waiting on the powder coaters. Difficult to push them as if I do they will do it as a batch on their own which will mean they cost twice as much. Don't know about priming and spraying. They are made with 316 grade to prevent staining and pitting.

Hi Guys
I have a grey 2017 s1000RR - my previous post was about removing baffles....
anyway...
vibration is driving me mad - road riding gives me a numb right hand, to the point where if riding normal speeds, using the front brake leaves no feeling and very iffy!
anyone else got this?
yes I know faster riding stops this (i've tried it and it works!) but at times you have to stick to road speeds, and after 10 mins or so, right hand is dead!
I tried emailing the guy that does bar weights (in black) but he needs more orders to make it worth while......
so I'm stuck with dead right hand after 15- 25 mins of street riding that leaves me unable to feel the brake

apart from that - no issues at all :)

any ideas

Spraggy

I purchased a set of these and they stop the buzzing. Just for you boys that want a set, they work [emoji106]

Latest posts

Back