2015> Pop and bang

S1000RR  FORUM

Help Support S1000RR FORUM:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Jordan c

Reaction score
I know this is going to sound childish and it is childish I suppose but here we go! I own a 2014 HP4 and it?s brillant however. I have had a shot of a 2015 s1000rr and can?t get enough of pop and bang it does every time you crack the throttle slightly. Iv done a bit of research and it?s the air injection into the exhaust that makes the bang. The part number for the air injection valve is the same for gen 2 and gen 3 so is it ecu controlled or am I missing something?

Thanks in advance Jordan

Exhaust Noise

As far as I'm aware it's linked to the programming within the ECU. I found the popping and banging a little tiresome after a while!

I understand it to be ecu controlled. Would you get more pops and bangs if you had it retuned to run a little rich?

Happy New Year Jordan, I thought you were hibernating, lol. Laughing like f13k about this thread, I got a row off one off my pals for almost knocking an Italian painter off a cherry picker in a tunnel in 2010 by doing the same thing.

My GSA does exactly the same and is fitted with an Akropovic for extra bang power, both my pals were fed up with it after the first week just like Rys but it also appeals to my inner child, lol.

JimmyMac

Happy new year Jimmy! I go into hiding in the winter. I?m still in my 20?s so still a child really(still more sensible than you tho Jimmy) 😂. Would some one be able to map that in? My bike needs a map anyway as it?s got a different can and a filter on it.

Have you spoke to Bob Scott in Glenrothes, he has set up a few TT bikes, could be worth a shout? Although I have put a K&N lifetime filter and decatted my bike it still runs braw with no mapping or Power Commander type module.

JimmyMac

I?m the exact same Jimmy K&N and an Austin racing. To be honest I need to go and see him anyway to make sure it?s not running to lean. Might ask the question

See that?s what I?m talking about. That story made me laugh. That?s what I?m after tho I?m wondering is any one could map mine to open at 3k so I can get the pop and bang on a 2014. I suppose it is a rather childish and pointless request.

See that’s what I’m talking about. That story made me laugh. That’s what I’m after tho I’m wondering is any one could map mine to open at 3k so I can get the pop and bang on a 2014. I suppose it is a rather childish and pointless request.

Or a reason to get a new one? ;) The '17 with an exhaust/filter job is possibly the most pop'n'bang on overrun.

Who are you going to ask? Hope there is a way. But wouldn?t be supprised if it turns out to be a no go.

I don?t think it would be the fueling part of the map that would change.. it would need to be the bit of the ecu that controls the air injection I would have thought. Hopefully Rob knows 😎😎

Latest posts

Back