2015 Motorsport RH Side Fairing

S1000RR  FORUM

Help Support S1000RR FORUM:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

simonb

S1000RR Supporter
Reaction score
Hi,

Does anyone have a fairing for sale? I'm looking for the right hand side faring in motorsport colours. Had an accident in the garage on Friday and the bike has leaned against the wall the indicator has punctured through the white plastic fairing. Indicator snapped off too. New indicator ordered but not paying ?500 for a new fairing section. Will look into a repair but seems too badly split.

Cheers

Simon

Yea I think a body shop would be able to repair that for a fraction of the cost of a new fairing. Tbh, if you pressed that together and glued or welded it you'd hardly notice it I think?

Yeah that's what I'm thinking. Sent photos to the bodyshop who did work on my ninja so see how much it is. Until then loctite it is. :02.47-tranquillity: Cheers

Incidentally, the ?500 you mention, was that a quote from BMW?

Totally repairable, you could do it yourself with a repair kit.

I used to repair the fairings on my Yamahas when they split (happens a lot on 80s/90s bikes). A little plastic weld here, a little resin and reinforcement matting there, peasy.

I've just replaced the cheap black plastic chain guard, mudguard, and two side pieces either side of the frame with Fullsix Matt carbon on my 2015. When I removed the fairing I thought what poor quality the fairing was, I presumed that it was made that way so it could be replaced cheaply as its almost bound to get damaged if you drop your bike, so I'm gob smacked that it's ?500 that really is taking the piss it's almost as bad as only giving us Brits a two year warranty but that's another story. I replaced all my parts for about ?800 the quality is superb it's like I've put a Savile Row suit on my bike, if I damage my fairing I'll be getting a quote to replace in carbon there's no way I'd pay ?500 for a piece of plastic that must cost about ?30 to produce, great bikes but shame on you BMW.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Latest posts

Back