2015 Downshift Problems Under Hard Breaking??

S1000RR  FORUM

Help Support S1000RR FORUM:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Cavey

Reaction score
Hi folks.....anyone else having a problem with the blipper downshifting from 2nd to 1st under hard braking? Works fine under normal road riding conditions, but i've noticed when breaking harder it refuses to shift from 2nd to 1st?? Any thoughts? :-/

mines crap downshifting , had two last year first one crap second one mint , seems to be some work some don't,
Hey Jimmy.....are you talking about the stock '15 blipper or do you have an earlier bike with aftermarket blipper? I seem to remember you having a HP4 no?? Cheers

Mine works pottering about but when I'm chuffing in a bit and need it to work it offer lets me down I'm back to just clutching down shifts . Not worth going to dealer as they will just say nothing wrong or make a excuse like not s quick shifter it gear assist I had years ago . Just one the probs of buying a bike off car dealers not s bike shop

Hi folks.....anyone else having a problem with the blipper downshifting from 2nd to 1st under hard braking? Works fine under normal road riding conditions, but i've noticed when breaking harder it refuses to shift from 2nd to 1st?? Any thoughts? :-/

No Cavey never had an issue with downshifting, I suppose it depends what you mean by hard braking but I road the Cat & Fiddle last weekend which involves a lot of braking and downshifting to 1st and it was perfect

Hi Cavey, no issues with mine on road or track. Its a 2015 model, which model is yours?

Thanks for your thoughts guys....yes throttle fully shut. By hard braking i'm talking about a moderate/smooth emergency stop situation. Nothing crazy and i'm sure the bike could brake twice as hard if needed! As i said the blipper is smooth as butter during normal road riding but just won't budge from 2nd to 1st under these braking conditions?? I guess i could take it back to the dealer, but they've already proved themselves to be completely incompetent.... They'd probably tell me i'm braking too hard or some bullshit or other! :culpability:

There must be some adjustment in it if some work and some don't.
Might be worth a chat with a race team rather than a dealer.

Mine's a '15 Asif ....glad to hear somebody's bike is working! ;) lol

No way that's not good. I cant imagine my down shifting / blipping is so smooth due to my GP rider like precision. If I was you I would ask your dealer if you can test another RR for a few hours...if you feel a difference its the bike, if you don't then its YOU! :scooter:

Mines ('15) track/race only so you can imagine there's some pretty manic braking at times. It's a fine line when yr hand's on the twist grip and yr squeezing the lever whether the throttle may be 1mm open or fully shut. Yes I've had the same problem rolling off and trying to change too early before throttle is fully shut but otherwise it has been foolproof, best part of the bike in my opinion...

Autoblipper

My autoblipper only functions properly on a closed throttle and it is brilliant on track. The quickshifter does still function going down through the gearbox on a constant throttle but the autoblipper does not activate.

A FBW throttle is likely to be very much more sensitive to what position = shut throttle...it could also be a point of calibration.

But saying that if it works for the other gears it should work for the bottom one.

Went out today bananaman think you were right works fine only probs when on the brake n down shifting for tight corner thanks . Down blipper is now again the biz

i thought i had an issue with mine but then noticed i was holding the throttle open slightly just with the weight of my hand on the bar, not even enough to get gas but obviously enough for the bike to know it wasn't shut...all good now.

Last edited:
Thanks guys.....will double check throttle position next time im out on the bike ;) ....as far as i'm aware i've been closing the throttle but i guess there a chance it's not 100% closed when i'm braking hard?? Will report back ;)

They both just said newer model is better all round geometry power gen 3 as to gen 2 . I was waiting for Hp gen 3 I expected it in 16 after 15 came out but yo my disappointment never happened .

Latest posts

Back