2015 1st crash?

S1000RR  FORUM

Help Support S1000RR FORUM:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

GixxerChuck

Forum Vendor
Reaction score
A "lovely" lady decided to bump into me today. Luckily didn't fall off but took out indicator and has scuffed up exhaust, crash bung, and petrol tank cover on my arm. She then opens her window, apologises for not seeing me then drives off. Luckily I and the bike behind me (not linked to me) had cameras running. She can expect a visit from the police for failure to stop.

Not so good, glad it wasnt more serious.
I had a woman in the left lane of a roundabout as I was on the right hand lane who turned in front of me, and luckily like you I managed to move and not come off.
She looked at me as if to say "what are you doing" as my knee was on her door. She proceeded to go all the way round the roundabout and take the first exit.
I was left stalled in the middle of the roundabout thinking WTF while other drivers were wondering what I was doing.

Glad it was not more serious - can't believe she drove. Making me think now should i get a camera so can capture others drivers driving..

Glad it was not more serious - can't believe she drove. Making me think now should i get a camera so can capture others drivers driving..

sorry to hear about your incident GC, hope it gets sorted.

I have had a bullet camera for a couple of years and hardly used. Think I'll be fitting it permanently this weekend, got cut up by an AA driving instructor yesterday, no acknowledgement, nothing, wtf?

Glad you are ok GC. The world is full of drivers who need removing from our roads.

Glad you are ok GC. The world is full of drivers who need removing from our roads.

Yep, that's why speed limits are getting reduced. Everything is having to be adapted to accommodate the lowest ability drivers. Driving standards are terrible and the governments only solution is to reduce speed limits and put up speed cameras.

Personally I have a bike mounted camera that starts recording when the bike powers up and shuts down when the bike switches off. It records on a loop to capture all eventualities. My intention is to fit a second rear facing camera too.

Unbelievable, glad it was not more serious. Let's hope the old bill get it sorted quickly for you.

Hi,
im really interested in a similar setup on my bike, which camera did you use and how did you wire it, is it plug &splay or did you break into the wiring loom ?

Mark.

Glad your ok, plastic and metal can be fixed. If she is untraceable/uninsured I think there is a scheme under Motor Insurance Bureau that may compensate for loss.

Latest posts

Back