2014 s1000rr - French Model?

S1000RR  FORUM

Help Support S1000RR FORUM:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jjones

Reaction score
Hi,

Just put a deposit on a 2014 s1000rr (from a non-bmw dealer), ran the VIN check to see what options were installed nd amongst the good stuff was:

X703 Power reduction
X382 Operating instructions French

Now am little concerned this is a French import with a 100bhp restriction.

I didn't test ride the bike so not sure if it is indeed restricted.

Any ideas/seen this before?

Thanks

French Power Restriction

Up until 01 Jan 16 all French motorcycles were restricted to 100 bhp. The ruling has since been revoked and full power models are now sold. You have most likely placed a deposit on an imported bike that may, or may not, have been derestricted. I would expect to see a great deal of paperwork accompanying the bike to verify its origin. Personally I would just avoid buying it and purchase a UK specification bike. There are plenty of good examples out there so contact a few BMW Motorrad dealerships local to you to find the best deal.

Just ran a HPI check and it isn't showing as imported. Will call the dealer tomorrow and check that it isn't a French import because if it is I will cancel the order.

Welcome to the forum!

I agree with you and Ryan in not purchasing an imported bike, there are plenty of good UK options out there.

Enjoy the forum, there's a great community on here :)

Oli

As a matter of interest,when I asked a french guy re.the 100hp restriction,he shrugged and said just fit the slick plug!

Thanks guys, will go over to the dealers tomorrow and ask for a test ride, last bike that had 100bhp was a zzr600 around 15 years ago so hopefully will be able to spot the difference!

I would go for a UK spec model as others have said. Even if the restriction has been removed you will need to declare it as an Import to your insurers which may increase your premium.
Many of the online insurance sites won't quote for imports.

Unless it's a giveaway price I would check out BMW dealers, who are likely to offer an extended warranty too.

Side track: remember BrenTune found that airbox restrictor and thought it was Euro4? I wonder if it was part of the French restrictions pack?

- Sent from Mobile

You can remove restricted to full hp !

Picked it up a few weeks ago, certainly not restricted. Didn't come with the slick plug so today installed a 100ohm resister,10 pence from Maplins, install was easy, popped the cap off, trimmed the resister legs with some scissors and it fitted perfectly, popped the cap back on.

In slick mode the bike is now everything I wanted without the anti-wheelie spoiling the fun, I don't want to pull wheelies purposefully, but i also don't want anti-wheelie cutting the power in & out when I am trying to overtake swiftly.

Picked it up a few weeks ago, certainly not restricted. Didn't come with the slick plug so today installed a 100ohm resister,10 pence from Maplins, install was easy, popped the cap off, trimmed the resister legs with some scissors and it fitted perfectly, popped the cap back on.

In slick mode the bike is now everything I wanted without the anti-wheelie spoiling the fun, I don't want to pull wheelies purposefully, but i also don't want anti-wheelie cutting the power in & out when I am trying to overtake swiftly.

Congratulations on your new RR!

Am very glad to hear you?re enjoying the bike already, and I hope that you have many more happy miles ahead of you! [emoji4]

I agree with you that it feels more exciting without the anti-wheelie intrusion diluting the power delivery [emoji16]

Oli

Last edited:
Bike looks awesome JJ. Love rare colours on the S1000rr.

Does it feel much different being a Left Hand Drive model, lol.

Take care

JimmyMac

Latest posts

Back