2012+ HP Calibration Kit 2

S1000RR  FORUM

Help Support S1000RR FORUM:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

alex

Forum Moderator
Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Has anyone used this?
http://alphaperformanceusa.com/products/hp-parts-cal-kit-2-bmw-s1000rr-hp4-2010-2014

I take it from this that I need the Kit and an Enabling Code?
As for the why, shits an giggles mainly, with the 2D Logger too... But it would be nice to setup a DTC etc specifically to my tastes.

Just curious if it's literally this and a laptop I need to get going...(when I've recovered from what she's cost me this month...)

Order information

Designation: HP Race Calibration Kit 2 (1)
Part number: 77 53 8 544 507

Designation: (+)Enabling code for HP RaceCalibration Kit 2 (2)
Part number: 13 61 8 542 056

Designation: (o)Enabling code for HP Race Calibration Kit3
Part number: 13 61 8 522 449

(+) Essential for initial operation
(o) Alternative to preceding
(1) US vehicles and vehicles fitted with option code 0178 "Control unit Asia" only in combination with HP Race Power Kit
(2) HP4, S 1000 RR facelift (
(3) S 1000 RR pre-facelift

BMW HP Calibration Kit

I know of a few Superstock racers using the HP Race Calibration Kit. Just bear in mind that the accompanying ECU enabling code is uniquely matched to your bike's serial number and invalidates your warranty as soon as its installed. Your bike will also be classed by BMW as a race bike absolving them from all responsibility of any issues in the future. That and you need to be highly proficient with BMW/2D data and race diagnostic software to be able to use it properly.

Last edited:
Hmmm this is more drastic that I wanted - before I bought the bike I was told by the dealer there was a plugin module to enable DTC/ABS/AW levels to be customised that's all I really want.
Never mentioned the invalidated warranty and/or insurance...

Is there another, lesser option?

Soof - not sure what that link was to; just took me to the bike overview.

BMW HP Race Kit

The only options available from BMW are the HP Calibration Kit, HP Race Power Kit and HP Race ECU which will allow you to configure the engine management settings. However, this is at the cost of the warranty and you need a great deal of technical understanding to be able to use it properly. There are other systems on the market from the likes of MoTeC but unless your going racing at National level they are fairly cost prohibitive. To be honest as for dealership advice, unless they are directly involved in racing, their knowledge is generally fairly limited when it comes to HP race parts.

He'd probably just seen it himself and was thinking it was cool without getting too in-depth and understanding the consequences. He'd pretty much opened with he is Mike Hawthorn's son...

Shame, I'm not racing, just wanted configuration of electronics as an option.

Yep, the race kit, from my understanding, makes every mode slick, the point being you can map each mode to specific parameter setups so switching is easy (i.e. if it rains during a session), but you would essentially be in a version of slick always.

You could look at bren tuning. I have an eye on their kit - they did a Black Monday (or whatever the f*ck it is) sale last year which made the kit reasonable. Its plug and play and you can have custom maps written for each mode, take them off when its due a service etc so all good. I am thinking about it because I could have sport mode set up as slick and still use the abs pro (I would need to confirm that with bren but it is logical). I know a couple of guys here have gone down that route but not much feedback...... On another forum they think its good kit.

Alternative is going to hilltop or similar.

I had Bren Tune on my '12-Absolutely brilliant!.OK,there was no user adjustment but none was necessary.Increase in power,softened dtc,no need for pcv etc.
Mods as per their website and does what it says on the tin!!

Back