2010 Standard Quickshifter issue

S1000RR  FORUM

Help Support S1000RR FORUM:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Growlee

Reaction score
Hi folks... out in Almeria at the moment and first ride of the s1000rr. Loving the bike and had a couple issues this morning with the exhaust due to a bodged job on the decat. Getting there however moan issue is the pressure required to activate the standard Quickshifter. Previous shifters I?ve used on my Honda were seamless. This one takes a fair pressure to actually change. Is there a way of adjusting the pressure and is there a recommended set up for the shift rod length? Any advice/ experience or help appreciated.. still got 4 days to go and at this rate gonna need to bandage my foot for upshifts are starting to cause blisters 🤣

The 2010 is the least easy to shift. It's not a QS it's a Shift Assist. It cuts the ignition to unload the gearbox but it's not a true QS.
I would try rolling the throttle a few degrees at the same time and seeing if it slots easier.

The detent spring may need upgrading to the later model when you're back.
Shift rod length should only be adjusted to help you get the lever in the right place.

Thanks Alex.. I suspected it was the spring that was causing the issue. The pressure needed to activate was nothing like the feather touch on my old Annatori Pro on the Honda. Fuelings a bit off on the bike too due to the dodgy decat connection I suspect. Ok once warm and at higher revs. Some surging when cold. Main issue is the Quickshifter and hoped someone could suggest a quick fix but having separated it since I posted the OP I kind of figured it was just the agricultural standard unit.. might look at other options altogether once I?m home. For now it?s bandage the big toe and bash on with getting to know the bike. ��������

Last edited:
BMW Almeria will get you the updated spring just need the part no. And to see Jesus in the garage

- Sent from Mobile

Thanks again for all the info. I got on better today with the shifting once I started being more direct with it. It ll be a work in progress. Today’s problem was fuelling at low revs when cold.. with hindsight shipping the bike out here without riding it back home was a mistake.. still making progress but low down fuelling is not great. Bike feels like it’s running on 3 cylinders at 30 mph in second!

Latest posts

Back