1st November 2014 - glorious day for riding

S1000RR  FORUM

Help Support S1000RR FORUM:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

soofsayer

Forum Admin
Reaction score
Bring on global warming if it means being able to ride on 1st November on dry, unsalted roads in 18c sunshine.

What a great day to be out, covered 200 miles of Yorkshire dales. Ripon, Leyburn, Grassington, Settle, and back. Had lunch at the diner at the Yorkshire Dales ice cream farm. Picked up some Wensleydale cheese from the dairy. Glorious.

Was anyone else out today?

Yeah I had a run round cheshire today, thinking it might be the last weekend with warm weather, got caught in a little rain and ended up at chester motorad dealer, saw a R nine T parked up outside on a 14 plate, it had a side mounted number plate with a black background and silver letters, like the old days, thought that would be illegal. Didn't realise how much that boxer engine sticks out at the side, must be more noticibal on a naked.

Went and did snakes pass in the morning, holm firth was a bit wet on the floor where the sun hadnt got to it yet, cold up on the top, snakes pass on the way to
ladybower pub was patchy on the way there but it was 11am, on the way back had totally dried up and made for a much more enjoyable ride. When I see a wet road I go into stablizer mode, feet come out and I sit upright. Haha. Worst thing to do as I imagine the bike would just go round the corner but it's just instinct. Haha. So stayed at speed limit on the way to ladybower. Not so much on the way back. Even at the speed limit I was leaving my mate on his ninja.

Bring on global warming if it means being able to ride on 1st November on dry, unsalted roads in 18c sunshine.

What a great day to be out, covered 200 miles of Yorkshire dales. Ripon, Leyburn, Grassington, Settle, and back. Had lunch at the diner at the Yorkshire Dales ice cream farm. Picked up some Wensleydale cheese from the dairy. Glorious.

Was anyone else out today?

Haha i was thinking that when i was getting my leathers on, just got back and it was a bit chilly at speed, but definitely warm enough to have some fun :)

Latest posts

Back