My 2011 s1000rr non sport

S1000RR  FORUM

Help Support S1000RR FORUM:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
New brake fluid cap with lock & top yolk nut

ForumRunner_20160317_210137.jpg

New v-trec levers
ForumRunner_20160317_210154.jpg
Slowly but surely coming together now, only little bits. My exhaust should be here soon so can't wait to get that on then that's me finished for this bike. Not going to do a great deal as I only want to keep it a year or so then get a newer gen one with all the electronic toys on it.

Last edited:
Got my decat and stubby akro on now, sounds redicolously loud and spits a rather large flame out when going through the box. I could do with a baffle. Does anyone know if they did them for this end can or will I have to make my own? Oh and it was pouring down when I picked it up hence the state of my bike :(

ForumRunner_20160324_204358.jpg

Sounds more like your engine needs a remap if you've got flames coming out of the exhaust. :)

Looking good, so much better than stock.

Yeah definitely needs a re map or pcv. Noticed a bit of a flat spot higher up that wasn't there before so that will be getting done, Sooner rather than later. Yeah it sounds awesome don't get me wrong but it's far too loud for me.

attachment.php

Thought id have a ramble about my experience with the M7RR

So guys & girls i managed to get hold of a Cheap set of Metzeller sportech M7RR and when i say cheap i mean FOC, just had to pay for fitting.
A lot of people have been singing the praises of these tires and that's exactly why i was over the moon when i managed to get a set.
So i have my tires set at manufacture's pressures to give them the fairest test possible and since having them fitted i have only managed 1 dry run out and that was with my partner on board which it was her first time so not really had chance to push them.
But one thing i can certainly say i love about these tires is how they inspire confidence in the wet and even when they are stone cold, which isn't for long as they get up to temp really quick. You can tell that the tread pattern is designed to give you an immense amount of traction for sporty riding in all conditions. I have had Bridgestones and Michelin's on my past 2 bikes and have never had confidence like it on my commutes to work in all weather conditions. I cant wait for some dry days in which i can really push these tyres, as you can see by the pics the chicken strips are embarrassing and will be completely gone on the first dry day without the mrs ;).

Summary - after 200miles, confidence inspiring, awesome wet weather riding tyre.

Attachments

• 20160404_173633_resized_1.jpg
    20160404_173633_resized_1.jpg
    564.5 KB · Views: 108
nice write up in iain, my bro just fitted a pair of these and pretty much said the same as you, defo be trying these next......

I'm on my fourth set Best tyre I've ever used in the wetUnfortunately I had to pay for mine though
Well i am yet to try them out properly in the dry, hopefully soon though as im riding to oulton park for the BSB end of the months so fingers crossed i'll get good weather for that trip. But if they are as good in the dry than the wet then i wouldnt think twice about using these over other manufacturers in the future.On another note is anyone else at BSB oulton park this year??

OK so am I missing something here, my tire is on the floor here and my paddock stand doesn't lift the bike up its 2 short from the floor to the bobbins. I didn't realise you got different size stands? I've never had one before.

ForumRunner_20160405_204258.jpg

You need a jack for the jack! On a practical level if you need it tonight, how about a brick under each of the wheels on the stand? Or some 2x4.

I got it given so not really fussed. But it definitely baffled me when it wouldn't work. So is there taller/smaller ones out there?

I use the warrior paddock stands sold by demontweeks. There are better ones for more money.

Latest posts

Back