Euro Trackday Lloyds Cover...

S1000RR  FORUM

Help Support S1000RR FORUM:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

user 445

Reaction score
Not sure if i mentioned on here before but following the shenanigans of getting medical cover for Almeria, i discovered that my Lloyds bank account comes with travel insurance that covers all euro trackdays!!

Yup, all private medical, repatriation etc., as long as it's not racing!

I pay about ?10PM for this, and like many others, it also includes breakdown cover, mobile phone loss/damage, travel cancelation, equipment, blah blah blah...

**I've been paying for this for the last 4 years and didnt need it (arse!!)

Not sure if i mentioned on here before but following the shenanigans of getting medical cover for Almeria, i discovered that my Lloyds bank account comes with travel insurance that covers all euro trackdays!!

I pay about ?10PM for this, and like many others, it also includes breakdown cover, mobile phone loss/damage, travel cancelation, equipment, blah blah blah...

Interesting, my bank (FirstDirect) I have Travel Insurance with too (as part of the ?14pm FirstDirectory) and they don't cover Extreme Sports...and I think I clarified with them that they don't cover biking on track. However I will recheck with a call.

Last edited:
...However I will recheck with a call.
Worth a call - i had to call to check this out after being told by someone else, at first they weren't sure but after further digging they saw i was covered and issued an email as well to confirm in writing. And it's really comprehensive cover as well. Who'd of thought eh!!

I’d definitely check with your event organiser before you go down that route, have you checked it with them? The last thing I’d want to do is argue over it if I needed it. It cost me ?160 for Almeria, there was only one ‘approved’ provider too, despite other options being available.

I’d definitely check with your event organiser...

Dude, there was no way i was going to rely on it without checking. Focused events asked to see policy and said it was spot on!! And i wasnt the only one there with Lloyds cover...

Dude, there was no way i was going to rely on it without checking. Focused events asked to see policy and said it was spot on!! And i wasnt the only one there with Lloyds cover...
This is a result then! FE were really good on my trip, it all ran like clockwork. Can't wait to get back!

Hi Darryl, just saw this and checked with my bank, Bank of Scotland, it would appear that I also have it as they are part of the Lloyds group. My current account costs ?13 a month I think and I only chose it for travel insurance in case I crashed on some far flung trip, but they do indeed cover me if I ever have the notion to do a trackday too.

Great spot, just found out they cover my phone too, should really know these things.

JimmyMac

That's amazing, I'd never have thought this would be covered. Great find indeed.

Hi Darryl, just saw this and checked with my bank, Bank of Scotland, it would appear that I also have it as they are part of the Lloyds group. My current account costs ?13 a month I think and I only chose it for travel insurance in case I crashed on some far flung trip, but they do indeed cover me if I ever have the notion to do a trackday too.

Great spot, just found out they cover my phone too, should really know these things.

JimmyMac

Get with it Jimmy...how did you not know they cover your phone...

Get with it Jimmy...how did you not know they cover your phone...

Cause the last time I read anything important from the bank was when I got a Super Squirrel account.

Wish I still had the little plastic piggy bank you got free, would be a collectors item now, lol.

JimmyMac

Thanks for that memory Jimmy. I have never banked with BoS, but they did once send me passbooks for two super squirrel accounts. In Trust For...two sprogs I'd never heard of. They arrived on a Saturday morning so I spent a very nervous weekend waiting to check with the bank if this was some sick ex telling me I was a daddy.... Bank error..

JimmyMac
All travel cover comes via AXA - they were really helpful validating this. Who'd of thought eh!?

FirstDirect's FirstDirectory Travel Insurance is underwritten by Aviva.
They will not insure for any motorcycle track event.

(Which isn't surprising Aviva are known for not accepting any form of risk)

So I will need a new PJ Hayman, 4 Counties insurance for Almeria and it's hospital. However what I have with BeMoto might be ok for my trip to Jerez...because, remember folks, it's the hospital not FE that decided that the cheaper policies were banned (because they never got paid for fixing folk up).

So I will need a new PJ Hayman, 4 Counties insurance for Almeria and it's hospital. However what I have with BeMoto might be ok for my trip to Jerez...because, remember folks, it's the hospital not FE that decided that the cheaper policies were banned (because they never got paid for fixing folk up).

So Holidaysafe will be ok for Jerez ?

JimmyMac

That's bloody Amazing Jimmy. I'm with BoS too. Must check this out. Just paid 160 quid for cover for a single euro trip!!

It would appear(not a proven fact-only my opinion!) that,indeed,the basic policies do cover you in Spain but,as with all UK policies,they only cover you for re-patriation and also cover at a general hospital(much the same as your ehics card),not Private.The only ones that cover you for private care are the policies underwritten by Spanish companies,e.g.BeMoto Purple which is underwritten by Mapfra(Spain).

In an emergency,any policy should get you treatment anywhere but,if it's not life-threatening you will be told to join the queues at a public hospital-which,allegedly,are worse than the NHS.

If you want the best cover(and the assurance of knowing you are covered)don't book an online policy-speak to someone in person and ask the appropriate questions.

It would seem that,as usual,you get what you pay for.

Cause the last time I read anything important from the bank was when I got a Super Squirrel account.

Wish I still had the little plastic piggy bank you got free, would be a collectors item now, lol.

JimmyMac
Haha. If yea it even took guineas lol

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

Latest posts

Back