Sympathy please

S1000RR  FORUM

Help Support S1000RR FORUM:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Snow

Reaction score
So i managed to get my cast of on tuesday for all of 10 minutes. Another xray revealed a broken scaphoid (wrist). Another 6 weeks in cast at least so no super fun time on my bike. Weathers been tremendous aswell. I was tempted to give it a try today but was told a firm no by my missus.
Proper gutted

you have my sympathy mate , nothing worse that getting hurt and no getting out , it's even worse when the bike you crash isn't yours..... costs a bit I can tell you...... lol

Snow, I've completely missed your accident, what happened?

+1 what happened?

I'm very sorry to hear of your injury and hope that you make a full recovery in the not too distant future.
For what it's worth, I 100 % agree with your wife, do NOT rush into riding again until your fracture has healed.
I fractured my arm/wrist very badly roughly six years ago and had corrective surgery ~ 2 years ago to fix it (needed a bone graft and ligament repairs), so the message is take your time and make sure all is well before riding again and you'll reap the benefits.

Try not to worry about the good weather, it's still the start of the season after all so you'll have plenty of time to enjoy the summer.

Get well soon buddy

I can sympathise with you snow, I some how managed to break both my Scaphoid's a few years ago. I had both wrists in plaster from mid July until mid November. That was not a fun few months, and the feeling when the cast comes off, just to be told they are going back on is not very nice!!!

Hope it heals quickly for you Snow, and you get back out on the bike for the summer

From re-reading the crash I'd say over protection is the best option. Scaphoids are a fecker to heal - protect it as much as possible.

I feel your pain. Just back on my bike again after 2.5 weeks out..... twisted my ankle in a pot hole whilst out running. ( looking at my wife's arse rather than the track we were running on) feels all the better buddy when you get back on it. (The bike I mean.)

Cheers guys. I cant imagine breaking both, bet that was awfull. Hope u faired better in wales soof.

Im regards to riding. It was just a pipe dream. I wouldnt get a glove on and no movement in my wrist so my elbow would be near my knee to twist the throttle.

Hope u faired better in wales soof.

Yes mate. Had a couple of big theatrical offs but was wearing armour which saved my arse. I managed to break my iPhone screen when it was in my breast jacket inside pocket. Apart from the wounds inflicted by the other lads taking the piss I was unscathed. :). Get well soon.

I broke my Scaphoid 31 years ago getting knocked off my TS50. There's not great blood flow for a quick heeling I'm afraid. They told me I wouldn't have great grip and they were right but only in a sense of holding on to a ladder or a tree before you fall lol, handlebar is no problem. This year it's just starting to ache with age and weather now so presume it's early arthritis. All that said it won't stop you getting back out there [emoji1]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I broke my Scaphoid 31 years ago getting knocked off my TS50.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

TS50 K.. my 1st bike in 1979... 38 years ago... engine output 3bhp... 50 odd mph top end...starter motor on my HP has more power.

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

TS50 K.. my 1st bike in 1979... 38 years ago... engine output 3bhp... 50 odd mph top end...starter motor on my HP has more power.

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

I remember you told me about that Stuart, it was a 40th birthday present if I recall, haha.

JimmyMac

Latest posts

Back