Yamaha off road experience

S1000RR  FORUM

Help Support S1000RR FORUM:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Snow

Reaction score
Id gotton my dad a voucher for this for christmas and booked for myself aswell, before long my brother in laws decided to join us.
We loaded my dads and 1 of my bro in laws motox bikes in my van and geoff drove it to wales. Us 3 went on our bikes and met him there. Stayed in some scabby pub about 45 mins away from the venue.
On the morning we piled into the van and arrived in the middle of a 10,000 acre area ready for the day. Unloaded the bikes for my dad to have left his keys at the hotel, nice ?120 mistake.

We got geared up and chose our machine. Yamaha wr250. Off we went into the massive woodlands and trails and came to a mx training track. After abit of instruction and a good few laps we were split into 2 groups and off exploring we went.

We regrouped for our provided lunch and off we went in 2 groups again. Up and down steep hills and woods, shingly roads and cross country i experienced my first off, closly followed by a family pile up which left us all in hysterical laughter. After a few more miles and a fair few more crashes we set off back. On the way i was following the guy in front too close and wasnt prepared for him to slam on. I had a pretty big off down a hill which left the bike with bent handles bars, my helmet peak smashed off and very sore hands and wrists. Instructer managed to sort my bike enough for me to be able to make it back.

In total we'd done 54 miles and can honestly say it was the most fun days biking ive ever had inc mad sunday at the tt.
The next morning brought lots of aches and me unable to move my right hand. Geoff had to ride my bmw home while i drove the van the 140 miles home 1 handed. A not so quick trip to A and E revealed a broken hand. So ive got a nice souvenier along with alot of great memories and stories. Cant recommend it enough and will defo be going back but wont be tailgating next time haha

Sounds like a great day Snow, breaking your hand and the keys escapade will make for many a pub tale from your Dad and the rest of your family. Sounds like you had a brilliant time. I often tell people that you don't have to go mega fast to have fun.

Hope you heal up quickly, you will be itch as f_0K with the cast on, keep a plastic ruler in your left pocket. Lol

Boyz and toyz, brilliant.

JimmyMac

Nice thread snow, good read lol.

I am doing the BMW off road 2 day course in Wales at the end of the month. Bit nervous tbh. Big bike the GSA. I have had the odd fat lass in my time but I would struggle with that on top of me. A 250cc is a much better idea I think!

Last edited:
Yea they do the tenere 1 there aswell but dont think i could handle such a big bike over that terrain. Let us know how u get on.

Latest posts

Back