Blocking up pair valve...worth it or not?

S1000RR  FORUM

Help Support S1000RR FORUM:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Japcati

Reaction score
Ive a full AR system and the bike is mapped.O2 sensors also removed.
I read on another forum about taking off the pair valve hose and blocking it up.

Does this have any effect on power and what if any benefits is there to doing this?
Any downsides to it?
Thanks.

Pic of pair valve hose.

Secondary Air System

If you have already had the bike mapped there is absolutely no point in removing the secondary air system. If you did decide to remove it you would ideally want to have the bike remapped; but you would not see any increase in power. The only benefit is the A-F ratio will be more accurate when the bike is on a Dyno.

Im not blocking it,I was just curious about it after reading it on another sportsbike forum,

I like to ask these sorts of questions,that way I will learn from more experience people here.

Secondary Air System

For your information when you remove the secondary air system there are two (airbox and valve) covers that need fitting in its place. It's only really worth doing for race/track use when the system is completely redundant and not needed.

Secondary Air System

These are the parts required when removing the secondary air system.

P1070113_zpsnjniuftc.jpg

https://shop.alpharacing.com/shop/i...cts_id=10550&zenid=aajkbhbgqk6ecmmdnuff9gmaa3
https://shop.alpharacing.com/shop/i...cts_id=10565&zenid=aajkbhbgqk6ecmmdnuff9gmaa3

alpha Racing

alpha Racing are a renowned German performance parts company who are synonymous with BMW and WSBK level racing. Their parts can either be sourced directly from Germany or from Prime Factors Racing who are their UK distributor.

www.alpharacing.com

Re: alpha Racing

alpha Racing are a renowned German performance parts company who are synonymous with BMW and WSBK level racing. Their parts can either be sourced directly from Germany or from Prime Factors Racing who are their UK distributor.

www.alpharacing.com

Thankyou for that.

Im presuming its a tank off,and airbox off jobbie,to do this mod?

Secondary Air System

Yes; the fuel tank needs to be removed to access the secondary air system and fit the covers.

As RyS1000RR said, you won't gain any power by removing the SAS system. You'll remove a nominal amount of weight and fee up some space, but more noticeably you'll find less popping and bagging on closing throttle between 3500 and 4500 rpm.
As for remapping the PCV, I'm confident that is unnecessary as in order to map the PCV to begin with your Dyno technician will have clamped off the SAS. As far as I am ware it is impossible to accurately map a bike with the SAS unblocked.

Good luck with your project and I hope you're pleased with the result :)

Latest posts

Back