Prices

S1000RR  FORUM

Help Support S1000RR FORUM:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Darren jones

Reaction score
Hi all thinking of selling my bike I was looking for a idea of price for my 64 plate non carbon HP4 with 2700 miles on with full main dealer history and extras which are the Gilles HP4 adjustable rear sets and brake and clutch levers. The bike is in mint condition and always looked after. Also what do you think main dealer would give me for it cash

Main dealer will give you as little as possible, probably in line with We Buy Any Bike.com

If you are uncertain about selling it I would suggest making up your mind sharp as when bad weather hits Britain in the Autumn prices dip quite dramatically. Hope you get what you want for it Darren.

Good luck

JimmyMac

Yeah dealers will try screw you , for me a book guide price is fair but now that out the window with the we buy any shite .com era now this becomes your selling price and dealers rake it in on turnover . When you bought your hp4 the sales pitch would be your buying a classic that won't loose anywhere near a standard model now your selling they will be like yeah it's s gray bike we both know that BUT buyers an buy a gen 3 blah blah . Once they get you hp for peanuts it's will be advertised as a premium model be quick with huge price tag basically con and fraud to you . Good luck

Hi all thinking of selling my bike I was looking for a idea of price for my 64 plate non carbon HP4 with 2700 miles on with full main dealer history and extras which are the Gilles HP4 adjustable rear sets and brake and clutch levers. The bike is in mint condition and always looked after. Also what do you think main dealer would give me for it cash

Look what they're going for on ebay and stick a classified ad on there, I've found it the best place to sell a bike quickly for decent money. As said don't sell it to a dealer unless you want to give it away, if you want cash quick I'll buy it off you for a few quid more than they're offering and stick it on ebay myself!

IF I was in your situation I would now wait until March for next seasons riding to kick off. Obviously you'll have to keep it and maybe insure it so that might cost enough to just sell it now.

Been trying to sell my spare Daytona 675 (2013) and I have had little interest - the not so great Summer we've had hasn't inspired people to keep buying bikes late into the year.

HP4 is still limited edition and in demand; have you thought about increasing its viewing on both eBay and Autotrader?

You've failed to sell during the summer, so he should wait till next year? Not making a huge amount of sense.

I'd probably try to negotiate 14k but 13k for a bike soon to be 2 gens old isn't unbelievable

- Sent from Mobile

You've failed to sell during the summer, so he should wait till next year? Not making a huge amount of sense.

- Sent from Mobile

Ive sold two other bikes June and Sept, so I wouldn't have a clue would I?
Might be worth speaking to Cubo Moto, they sell on a lot of motorcycles on behalf of people. Have a large following on Facebook and a HP4 would be snapped up in no time.

don't mind Alex Westy, he's a top bloke actually he just comes across a bit sharp sometimes lol

Lol his statements confused me...thats all seemed counter intuitive

- Sent from Mobile

13k sounds fair to me, if its cash you are after I would rip his hand off. You could spend time and effort trying to negotiate a higher price and realise that a quick sale no hassles and 13k in the bank was a great deal.

JimmyMac

I've been browsing HP4s tonight whilst scouring for second hand parts.... and I would agree 13k no hassle sale sounds really attractive.

Latest posts

Back