DDC Settings

S1000RR  FORUM

Help Support S1000RR FORUM:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

RRChris

Reaction score
Hi and good morning, i was wondering what setting anybody could recommend and the best way to set up the suspension on my HP4 im about 17 1/2 stone with all my kit on, sorry if this has beeen as ked before butim new to this hight tech gadgetry and come from an agricultural 2007 GSXR750, my riding is all road based. Also what tyres do people recommend i have metzeler racetechs on at the moment but they are so soft, im thinking of going to pilot 2ct's like the gixxer had, i do a bit of motorway riding.

Many thanks Chris

Hi Chris, I'm off and on the same weight geared up, I'll get a read out of my settings later on and let you know. The preload makes a huge difference on the DDC system.
I have different settings for Sport and Race, I know that on Rain I have left it at 0,0,0.

JimmyMac

Hi Chris, setting the preload as per the manual is the most important thing to do. After that the DDC settings can be played around with to suit you own riding style and preference. I recommend the M7RRs for all round tyres with plenty of life.

Hi Chris, I'm off and on the same weight geared up, I'll get a read out of my settings later on and let you know. The preload makes a huge difference on the DDC system.
I have different settings for Sport and Race, I know that on Rain I have left it at 0,0,0.

JimmyMac
17.5 stone ?... cmon Jimmy !...

stuarts phone

JimmyMac

Excellent thank you very much for your help, I think the guy who had it before me was a 11 stone racing snake

Hi Chris, setting the preload as per the manual is the most important thing to do. After that the DDC settings can be played around with to suit you own riding style and preference. I recommend the M7RRs for all round tyres with plenty of life.

Thank you I will get a set of them then

Hi Chris, sorry for delay, just checked my bike and in Sport I have 4,3,-3 and in Race 5,4,-4.

I usually run the Sport a touch softer but altered in at the TT this year as my road speed was slightly higher than it would be in Scotland.

As I mentioned before the Preload is the most important starting point to get right.

Cheers JimmyMac

Hi Chris, sorry for delay, just checked my bike and in Sport I have 4,3,-3 and in Race 5,4,-4.

I usually run the Sport a touch softer but altered in at the TT this year as my road speed was slightly higher than it would be in Scotland.

As I mentioned before the Preload is the most important starting point to get right.

Cheers JimmyMac

Hi had my preload set up properly now for my weight, my god what a diffrence, thank you very much for your advice and help.

Latest posts

Back