Just Bought My First S1000RR Sport!

S1000RR  FORUM

Help Support S1000RR FORUM:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Hoops

Reaction score
Just taken delivery of my very first S1000RR Sport - 2010 Multicoloured - 2,000 miles on clock - approved used BMW - Akro Stubby and BMW Adj Rearsets - full R&G protection plus R&G rear foot peg delete - absolutely mint!

Just ordered a full belly pan cover to hide that ugly cat!

Want to get a white seat cowl and dark screen and then im done until i decide whether to buy a full set of race fairings.

Ive bought it mainly for track days and cant wait to get her on track and see just how mad "slick mode" really is!!!

66E6EA0E-42BF-49C7-8EBB-7CD5618C77C5-4783-000002F8B7EA82DF_zpsf42263ba.jpg
[/IMG]

Welcome to the forum dude, 2000 miles!! it's hardly run it! :D Looks great in the MO paint scheme too (I'm bias lol)!

Welcome to the forum dude, 2000 miles!! it's hardly run it! :D Looks great in the MO paint scheme too (I'm bias lol)!

Thank you. And yes as you say its hardly run in - but the next few weeks should sort that out!!

yup welcome aboard , hope to see you on track soon :)

Cheers fella. Im doing my ACU race licence this year and im booked to do the Track Academy Level 1 and ACU through MSVT at Cadwell on March 22nd. I want to get as many track days in the diary asap thereafter - plus im definitely going to book a European track weekend this year and take the wife and kids with me.

Welcome along, sounds like your going to be a busy boy... What formular of Racing will you start with?

Thanks Phil - im not sure what class yet as im only just going through the process of getting the licence sorted - im doing the Level 1 Track Academy with MSVT up at Cadwell on March 22nd and if all goes well then I'm hoping i can get some more ideas as to whats achievable and feasible and whats not - obviously i have no delusions that will be racing the BMW in some superstock champs!! But i would like to start with something not too daunting and smaller engined - who knows?? Its track days that im most interested and keen on - ive done around 20 track days over last few years plus the Nurburgring twice (green "hell" is very apt!!) and at most tracks i hold my own amongst all the "nutters" in the fast group - but i fully appreciate being quick on a track day is nothing like actually racing elbow to elbow in a live race!! Its just something ive always wanted to have a go at - and i would be happy to walk away with a smile on my face if i could enter a race, sit on the grid, watch the lights go out and then finish (without crashing out) and ideally not come last!!

i fully appreciate being quick on a track day is nothing like actually racing elbow to elbow in a live race!! Its just something ive always wanted to have a go at - and i would be happy to walk away with a smile on my face if i could enter a race, sit on the grid, watch the lights go out and then finish (without crashing out) and ideally not come last!!
Yep your not wrong, Racing is nothing like a track day... have you set a Budget for your Racing yet? It might help you decide what class you want to start in.
Sitting on the Grid waiting for the lights to go out, you are going to Love that feeling and want it more than ever. Good idea to set your sights on staying upright and not coming last..:cool:

Yep your not wrong, Racing is nothing like a track day... have you set a Budget for your Racing yet? It might help you decide what class you want to start in.
Sitting on the Grid waiting for the lights to go out, you are going to Love that feeling and want it more than ever. Good idea to set your sights on staying upright and not coming last..:cool:

Again, appreciate your feedback Phil - have not really thought about budget but it will obviously dictate what i can do and how often - may just go to a few club races and see what appeals and get a feel for how it all works etc. And i genuinely cant wait to experience that feeling of being on the live grid!!

Cheers Bob - i actually joined the Hottrax Motorsport Club and was due to sit my CTC through them but im now doing the whole ACU application via MSV and their Race/Track Academy. But will certainly continue to do track days through Hottrax and No Limits - have done quite a few with both companies over the years.

Bike was delivered to me today - great to see it in the flesh again and even sexier than i remembered!! Ive already ordered a belly pan extension for her and ive a few other mods in the pipeline before i head to Cadwell on March 22nd - its also making a trip to dealership on Saturday for an oil service.

Latest posts

Back