Hi from Bedford (ish)

S1000RR  FORUM

Help Support S1000RR FORUM:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

s1rrblade

Reaction score
Hi everyone,

After what seems like a fair bit of time lurking on here I thought I would just sign in for the first time.

I treated myself to my RR after 3 very enjoyable years of fireblade ownership (hence the pretentious username! ::) ) Bought new in July 2011 and have never looked back, although I should have kept the blade too.

Its pretty standard still apart from a few cosmetic improvements:

Akropovic end can (supplied by BMW)
Slightly taller screen with a light tint
R&G Crash Bungs
Single seat conversion

Just spent 2 days cleaning, lubing and ACF treatment and bike is now in hibernation :'(

Looking forward to the spring already and might have to buy a winter hack as I'm going to go mental (mental'er) if I can't go out for a ride for the next 3 or 4 months!, anyway, hello all!

Cheers

PS My old blade - sorry if this Honda rubbish isn't allowed on the site! :eek: ;D
blade1.jpg

Welcome, where abouts in Bedford are you?

I'm sure we'll have to arrange a meet when the sun comes back out next year, braved the weather on Sunday but it is starting to get a bit chilli! Do you go to any clubs? I go down Oakley bike club on a Thursday from time to time, it's a bit quieter in the winter months but I've seen four s1000's down there at different times.

And get that Honda crap off here ;-)

Thanks Marcus.

I think the last time I went to an OMC evening was when they had their BMW show. Damn that pesky little NSU that won the accolades! 8)

Yes the pesky thing, i didn't get many votes, went for a ride with some mates on the way there and tipped up about 10 minutes before they announced the result with the bike heavily decorated with flys!

I'm not sure how many votes I got. Met quite a few other S1 owners though which was nice. Phil from Wollaston offered me a test ride on that huge GTL 1600...I wish I had taken him up on that offer now.

I don't join in with any of the ride outs to be honest, its not that I'm anti-social or anything it's just that riding for me is a solitary activity without worrying that I'm holding up fast people or being kept from making progress myself.

I know what you mean, i go on them sometimes but only if i'm up for a gentle one as the pace tends to be a bit tedious at best, have a few mates that i go out with instead, we dont worry about keeping up with each other, if some want to go quicker than others then they just wait at the next junction or roundabout to keep the pack together, everybody rides at there own pace.

fatbob link=topic=1812.msg16287#msg16287 date=1353422633 said:
Welcome aboard
Nowt wrong with blades fella , all part of the journey

thanks fatbob.

Totally agree - I would have another without hesitation. I'm still most disgruntled that, in my excitement of buying the S1, i didn't think it through properly and part exchanged my old 929. I should have kept it as my winter bike and summer bike for that matter (for those days when I could do without the beemer trying to park me in the nearest hedge!) ;D

Marcus81 link=topic=1812.msg16288#msg16288 date=1353428624 said:
I know what you mean, i go on them sometimes but only if i'm up for a gentle one as the pace tends to be a bit tedious at best, have a few mates that i go out with instead, we dont worry about keeping up with each other, if some want to go quicker than others then they just wait at the next junction or roundabout to keep the pack together, everybody rides at there own pace.

I guess that would work well too. I do meet up with mates at certain locations for lunch etc but for the very reasons you outline we don't go as a group.

Hope to meet up in the new year though when the bike comes out of hibernation.

Latest posts

Back