Clutch adjustment

S1000RR  FORUM

Help Support S1000RR FORUM:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

MickyC

Reaction score
Now, I'm probably being a bit lame here but is there an easy way to adjust the clutch biting point via the bottom cable adjuster as I don't seem to be able to reach it. The bike has only done 250 miles and the clutch is now biting very late in the lever travel. If I adjust it at the lever end then I get way too much free play. Thanks.

get the warmed up then adjust the play in the clutch lever.it adjusts bettter when bike is hot......

The book says 0.5mm (how the hell you measure this) free play at the lever cold which is barely nothing but hot I'm getting about 7mm but everything works well.

I'm getting 5mm play at the lever end when hot and a late biting point. If I adjust the play out then the biting point is even later, almost to the point where it's let out all the way. I'm assuming this is all down to initial cable stretch. Even though I can get the dealer to adjust it during it's first service it would be useful to do it myself, that way I get the clutch to bite where I want it to.

And qs issues ?
Go give your dealer some baked beans , they'll probably sort it in no time

MickyC link=topic=1642.msg15601#msg15601 date=1352052029 said:
I'm getting 5mm play at the lever end when hot and a late biting point. If I adjust the play out then the biting point is even later, almost to the point where it's let out all the way. I'm assuming this is all down to initial cable stretch. Even though I can get the dealer to adjust it during it's first service it would be useful to do it myself, that way I get the clutch to bite where I want it to.

By chance have you got the standard clutch lever?

I agree with fatbob.
Your having QS problems too, it really needs to go back to the dealer.

MickyC link=topic=1642.msg15642#msg15642 date=1352157019 said:
Thanks guys.

Unionjack, yes it's the standard lever.

Ah its the first thing I changed and made a big difference so the lever is closer to the bar and more controllable.

Latest posts

Back