Greetings from Lincolnshire

S1000RR  FORUM

Help Support S1000RR FORUM:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Beamish

Reaction score
Hello all,
Just ordered a Red/White S1K and looking forward to getting to grips with it. I got a sense of what is on tap during the test ride and apart from the wheelie control (non Slick mode) that will take some getting used to I totally fell for it. I took a sabatical from sportsbikes (past bikes inc 2009 Blade/Gixxer thou K6/Honda SP2) and did some touring on BMW GS/GSA's. I got the urge for something more track capable so began hunting for my new steed. I tried the RSV4 and the 1198 but decided the BM was for me, it felt like a K6 thou with sorted supension fitted with a supercharger (K6 being my favourite Sports bike previously). I have sniffed about on the forum and it seems a nice place to settle down with strict enough admin to keep on top of the keyboard warrior to$$ers. I am going to sea (not navy)for about a month so will have to wait for a while before I get to enjoy the bike. Any top tips for a newbie?
Thanks
Jim

Welcome mate where abouts in lincs are you from
I'm also from lincs and have the red/white

Cheers

Gordo

hi jim

and welcome to the forum im from lincionshire too, soon we will beat the essex minority lol

strict admin :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: where not us :p :p :p

welcome mate. im not based in lincolnshire but may as well be with the time me and my red and white S thou spend there ;D ;D

Thanks for the warm welcome, I am near Sleaford but venture into Yorks/Derbyshire quite regulary. Seems like Red and white is a popular colour 8)

Welcome aboard beamish , Do you have any obvious mods planned?

I get to Bourne meself , my mates got a pub in horbling

Hi and welcome beamish or should we call ya Jim?

Anyhow, nice choice of colour mate, its growing on me... enjoy the bike n forum

phil link=topic=1351.msg12881#msg12881 date=1346667375 said:
Hi and welcome beamish or should we call ya Jim?

Anyhow, nice choice of colour mate, its growing on me... enjoy the bike n forum

Either name will do :0)

Gordo link=topic=1351.msg12879#msg12879 date=1346662692 said:
Not to far away then I'm in Bourne
One of my favourite roads is between Grantham and Corby Glen on the way to Bourne, it's a cracker.

fatbob link=topic=1351.msg12880#msg12880 date=1346665264 said:
Welcome aboard beamish , Do you have any obvious mods planned?

I get to Bourne meself , my mates got a pub in horbling

I like to get to know the bike before splashing out on possible unnecessary bling but seat cover, tinted double bubble ( prob MRA) for starters, prob slip on can after that.

Latest posts

Back