Yo

S1000RR  FORUM

Help Support S1000RR FORUM:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Aaron

Reaction score
New here. I live in Colorado, USA, but tired of the other forum.

I bought a new 2013 gray RR the day some b!tch broke up with me. Fast forward a couple years and a new b!tch and I broke up, so I did the only logical thing a guy could do, and traded my 13 in on a new 2015 RR, this time in red.

I've got about 14,500 miles on it, as well as about 30 track days. It's only performance mod is an Arrow full titanium exhaust. It's got a bunch of carbon fiber bits, MW Motech panniers, heated Sargent seat, HID projector headlights, Helibars, HP rear sets, and other stuff I can't remember.

No pics because photofucket, still looking for a free hosting site that isn't plagued by ads.

Thanks!

Welcome to the forum Aaron and congratulations on your new RR!

Sorry to hear of your break ups, but I must say buying a new bike is one heck of a way to brighten things up!

What's the heated seat like? That sounds like an amazing mod for over here in UK!

Enjoy the forum and may you have many more happy miles ahead of you! :)

Oli

Welcome Aaron, I think a few of us might have bought new bikes for similar reasons! Good bunch on here riding on road and track, I'm hoping they make a heated seat an option on the next gen RR, old age is getting to me ;)

Thanks for the welcomes!

Eh, the breakups were a while back, I'm over them now! 200hp certainly helps that lol. Both the ex's got pissed when I went out and bought a new bike, and I just smiled and told them get over it!

The heated seat itself is awesome, and it's super comfortable. However if you get it, do not get the Sargent controller (Called a troller) with the seat. The Sargent heat troller reduces voltge after the initial warm-up, and won't run full 12v. So on cold days, the seat doesn't seem to get real hot, just warm. So I'd suggest getting a standard heat troller from any other company. I haven't bothered to redo mine since it's a lot of running wires.

Jay, I mainly ride at Pueblo Motorsports Park and High Plains Raceway. The racing association out here, who I also work for, the MRA, also does a couple rounds at Pike's Peak International Raceway, but I haven't ridden there. I'm not a fan of the track. Pueblo is good, the track flows well, but the straight is way too long, and there are 2 corners that are really hairy. High Plains is the best out here in my opinion, there's only one corner with bad paving. The track layout is amazing though.

I've also done several track days at Miller Motorsports Park in Utah, and at Circuit of the Americas.

I just recently upgraded to ABS Pro too!

If there was NASCAR then it was PPIR (Pike's Peak International Raceway). It's an oval track that they've made a road course with a partial infield raceway.

COTA as a track was phenomenal, as any purpose built F1 track would be. The facilities, flow of the course, great mixture of areas, and how nearly every turn is a technical disaster, the track is epic. However the organization that runs the track days left a lot to be desired. I'm glad I did it, but I won't go back unless it's with a different organization.

Looking forward to seeing them, and anytime you want to visit let me know, I've got a place for you to crash and a garage to park your bike in!

Pueblo Motorsports Park is close to Pueblo Reservoir, a huge lake by all accounts, but I am not sure if it was ever for sale, I know the city has owned it for as long as I can remember. And although it's close to the lake, you'd never know the lake was close unless someone told you, you cannot see it from the track.

I like hearing about these stories, using our own memories to pinpoint spots. I've been to London once, but only for a few days. Aforementioned b!tch was living there for an internship, and shortly after I landed we left so she could use me to travel Europe lol. Anyways I mostly just saw the touristy spots, I didn't get to see the stuff I wanted to see.

Latest posts

Back