Where are my straps???

S1000RR  FORUM

Help Support S1000RR FORUM:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

neilma

Reaction score
I was just about to attach my Kriega tailpack to my 2014 model and remembered there were meant to be straps under the pillion seat to attach it to. Having removed the seat, I only seem to have 2 straps! There is the hole in the seat that the rivets go through (that look like they have been used as there are small marks there) and the little sticky out piece is there to store the strap but I only have the 2 straps. Can someone confirm if the 2014 is meant to have 4 straps or just the 2?

nd if someone could explain where mine have disappeared to if I am meant to have 4, i'd be grateful ;)

Cheers

Mine's only got 2 straps
I ended up attaching the straps to the subframe
20150111_161855_zpsd3732532.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]

Only 2 straps at the rear of the seat because BMW think you should use the slots in the pillion footrests for a forward bag strap, that's what I was told by my local dealer when I asked the same question when I got my 2014 model. Probably easy enough to make some up and fit them or you could see if there's an earlier rear seat on e-bay

Ah cool (well not really - but puts my mind at rest :playful:). Cheers chaps....

i wondered the same! .....the underside of my rear comfort seat (which cost a bloody fortune btw!) defo looks like they intended 4 straps but it appears they decided not to bother?! :-/

Back