Watch your fingers

S1000RR  FORUM

Help Support S1000RR FORUM:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

moogerdoo

Reaction score
Sorry guys, but had to post this, we had a ER mechanic New years day said he was testing the tension of a belt on a pump pulley.

Made me think when I saw the post of stuart about to modify his drill to screw in hooks.4.jpg
Hospital saved his fingers but a bit painful.

Oof.. that makes me wince a bit..

I was cleaning my chain a few weeks ago, sat the bike on the paddock stand and fired her up, engaged 1st gear and used one of those chain cleaning brushes dipped in degreaser, allowing the chain to run between the U shaped brushes...

My daughter shouted me, i turned away for a split second and must have moved the brush. It got snagged in the chain, dragged into the rear sprocket where it jammed and stalled the bike, but wow, did it make a mess of the brush and the brush handle.. that could very well have been my fingers....

Lesson learned - I now let my daughter clean the chain :D

Lesson learned - I now let my daughter clean the chain :D[/QUOTE]

You are a BAD MAN !

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

Made me think when I saw the post of stuart about to modify his drill to screw in hooks.View attachment 3115
Hospital saved his fingers but a bit painful.[/QUOTE]

mine looked worse than that after rammimg home 360 screw hooks. Lol

chain clean.jpgthat's what happens when you catch fingers in chain n sprocket when cleaning when its running :numbness:

Last edited:
Made me think when I saw the post of stuart about to modify his drill to screw in hooks.View attachment 3115
Hospital saved his fingers but a bit painful.

mine looked worse than that after rammimg home 360 screw hooks. Lol

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk[/QUOTE]Lol. Thats horrible. I had my thumb dragged thru an alternator pulley years ago... you could clearly see the white bone underneath... Boak !

I had a argument with a screw when i jumped off an artic trailer and it snagged my wedding ring
17ffb6af95fdee99cdecc470d788aefe.jpg
168d5f43f142dfdaa96db70857f1291d.jpg

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

Uurrgghhh. These are horrible.
Bring back the grid girl pics!

Hope you’re fully recovered.

I had a argument with a screw when i jumped off an artic trailer and it snagged my wedding ring
17ffb6af95fdee99cdecc470d788aefe.jpg
168d5f43f142dfdaa96db70857f1291d.jpg

Oh dear😳 I was in the motor trade all my life and from early on we were told by the old hands to never wear any jewellery when working on vehicles for just this reason! Also imagine shorting out a ring or bracelet between a live electrical connection and an earth while groping around under the bonnet 😳
On a lighter note, many years ago, when we were all young and daft, my brother got into a fight with another fella one night after a couple of beers!
My brother took a swing at his sparring partner with his right fist, only to find that the ring he was wearing had snagged on a wire fence that was at his back. You know, where the criss cross of the fence is looped over the main support wire between the posts. He tried in vain to deliver the blow but just couldn't. It could have ended badly for him but I stepped in and saved him from a good hiding😇

Never put your fingers where you wouldn?t put you cock.

Although there?s not many places POF wouldn?t put his willy.
Hence why his fingers end up like that

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

You never complained in the past!

Mate. How do you actually know these things !... lol

The rumours are rife [emoji23][emoji23][emoji23]

Back