Visiting Paris - Crit Air

S1000RR  FORUM

Help Support S1000RR FORUM:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

RickS1K

S1000RR Supporter
Reaction score
Has anyone had experience of the new reg for 3 french cities, incluing Paris. It's called Crit Air I think, and you have to have some sticker on your vehicle that categorises for for noise and emissions etc/

Is it another farcical idea that you don't need to worry about (like breathylisers, relfeclctive stickers etc)?
What does an RR get classified as (A-F)?
Has anyone been banned from for entering Paris because they didn't allow that class in that day?
Did anyone ignore the warning and get done?
etc etc

Cheers

Rick

I get the feeing the best solution is to avoid any city that has these rules...

Well... On a bike you do not need the vest, and no-one needs to worry about the breathyliser kit (it IS a legal requirement but they forgot to legislate for a fine!!....)

I've seen lots of links to the rules but experience tells me to ignore them. They lie to you about what you need at the Eurotunnel terminal...

The one interesting/new thing i saw in that RAC link is that it states that Crit'Air is controlled Mon-Fri....and I'd only be there on a Saturday... Maybe I don't need to give a toss after all....

I got diverted through central Paris last month on the way back from Aragon on a Tuesday around mid day. That was an experience I don’t ever want to repeat. The place stinks, traffic is surreal, pollution is horrendous, haven’t had a fine yet but now I’m worried.....

I drove through Paris on my trip to the Catalunya GP last year. I went in the van with 4 others and the camping equipment in the back. Southbound was through Paris in the daylight - which was horrific - with *everyone* being dicks including the millions of scooter riders. The way back was even worse - went through at about 8pm - we survived - physically anyway. I've ridden in and around the centre of Rome before, and that was nothing to the peripherique - stay away if at all possible :)

+1 on that, driven on the Peripherique a few times, avoid at all costs unless its the middle of the night, not heard of this new law, sounds like just another stupid French stealth tax...

I never go through or round Paris, I go south west after Calais via Le mans.
Dave

Latest posts

Back