Unmarked police bikes in Manchester

S1000RR  FORUM

Help Support S1000RR FORUM:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

StuartH

Reaction score
As a regular commuter in Manchester city centre, I can't help but think that the use of the two unmarked BMW police bikes, one black and the other grey, must have something to do with the significant increase of the fine for fixed penalty notices that has come into force and the amount of money they can accrue.

Apart from having police written on the back of the riders crash helmet, the big giveaway is the big radio antenna on the bike.

I guess they will go for easy targets as always

Good information, just for your info money from tickets goes to central government and not the force that issues the ticket

I wish there were more police on the roads to catch the endless bad drivers. If they could stick to motorways, dual carriageways and urban areas that would be helpful. No need to worry about anything else :fat:.

At least you can spot them due to antenna.

In Gloucestershire we have completely unmarked Busa, ZZR1400, and BMW K series. The ZZR and Busa both look like normal street bikes. The ZZR is even fitted with a plethora of aftermarket parts.

I saw a black K 1300 S Police bike in Manchester area, only way I could tell is he was Police is it was marked on the back of his helmet (no big antenna). Oh and he was riding in a pair with a fully liveried K 13 as well.

Old bill here in London have just got themselves some....... yes that's it.......................... S1000RR's I went storming past one, then backed out of it, he didn't bother me and went on his way. will only be a matter of time till all the forces have some.

At least you can spot them due to antenna.

In Gloucestershire we have completely unmarked Busa, ZZR1400, and BMW K series. The ZZR and Busa both look like normal street bikes. The ZZR is even fitted with a plethora of aftermarket parts.

How can they justify spending taxpayers money on aftermarket parts?!

Down Sussex way, they have a couple of unmarked S1000s. Was in the garage, a while back having new sumps fitted.

How can they justify spending taxpayers money on aftermarket parts?!

Well I'm guessing if the bike fits in more then less chance of being noticed as a police bike. Or the cop that rides that ZZR has done it from own pocket. or the parts were seized from illegal activity.

The aftermarket parts I spotted were End can, rear sets, tail tidy on both. Indicators and dubble bubble on ZZR

i saw a cunting van placed just after the white lines on the road of the speed camera last week near MAtlock.
black spot my fuckin arse , it was obvious what they were doing..........:(

i saw a cunting van placed just after the white lines on the road of the speed camera last week near MAtlock.
black spot my fuckin arse , it was obvious what they were doing..........:(

I'm having a real blonde moment now. I don't see the point of putting a camera van next to a static camera with white lines?

You know why plod runs bikes like the s1krr that look 'normal' from the front, so they can run up behind another bike and see if they want a bit of 'fun' - then throw the book at them when they go for it.

No doubt filming the whole thing too. Arsehats.

ai look out for a white helmet , they just dont seem to have any different colour lids thank heavens ;)

Back