Trick for separating side fairing infill?

S1000RR  FORUM

Help Support S1000RR FORUM:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Shug

GLOBAL MODERATOR
Reaction score
Want to change over the infill panel in the side panel and it's held on with spring washers that bite into posts on the main part of the side fairing. All looks very likely to snap with excessive force, so does anyone have any tips for freeing these fixings?

Tough to explain in words, but if you've done it, you know instantly what I'm talking about.

Are they not Rubber washer's that grip the post, like the Honda ones? If you can get WD40 to the post or rear of the washer it certainly helps, other than that I think you just need to take the Bull by the Horns.

Are they not Rubber washer's that grip the post, like the Honda ones? If you can get WD40 to the post or rear of the washer it certainly helps, other than that I think you just need to take the Bull by the Horns.

Not on my 2011 bike - they are metal washers with teeth that bite into the post (think spring plate from a car clutch) and the way they bite in means pulling at them will cut them further into the post. Looks like they are a one-use thing and I'll need to try to cut them off and find replacement fixings... Unless someone knows better?

Cheers Chorsley - I'll give it a punt. On first look, I just worried that it would simply bury the teeth harder into the plastic, but if it's hard enough that won't happen.

yes it takes time put it does work i have changed my infill panels twice and reused the orginal washers

Like chorsley said.. a big flathead screwdriver and lots of patience. or a big hammer...

Back