SW-Motech Evo Tank Ring/Bag

S1000RR  FORUM

Help Support S1000RR FORUM:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

alex

Forum Moderator
Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Has anyone got one of these on a RR? SW-Motech Daypack
http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/BAGS-CONN...g-/251812662199?ssPageName=ADME:X:EAC:GB:3160

I'd love to know if you need super long arms for this one too...as I have the one which is bigger, curves downwards, it presses my stomach and bladder and needs too much effort to reach over, so if this is something that I can use great - otherwise the tank ring is coming off and a Wunderlich bag will be got...

Has anyone got one of these on a RR? SW-Motech Daypack
http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/BAGS-CONN...g-/251812662199?ssPageName=ADME:X:EAC:GB:3160

I'd love to know if you need super long arms for this one too...as I have the one which is bigger, curves downwards, it presses my stomach and bladder and needs too much effort to reach over, so if this is something that I can use great - otherwise the tank ring is coming off and a Wunderlich bag will be got...

+1 on the Wunderlich Alex! ....doesn't get in the way at all ;-) ....FYI their website states 2012-14 model but it fits the 2015 perfectly.

It's sounding like the best option for my '12 plate...
Actually, question for you, if I wanted my 2m chain to go in it; a) would it fit? b) would I be at risk of damaging the bike with the nigh on 8kg weight c) would the bag survive? Sometimes I just want to leave a rucksack behind but want my uber strong chain with me...hence wanting it in a tank bag...if the weight is on the plastics I could happily risk it and replace if it breaks.

hey Alex....a) depends how big your chain is? .... but i've been carrying a 1.2m Datatool chain in my tankbag (6kg) and it takes up less than half the space in the bag.... http://www.kit4.com/shop/datatool-portable-python-lock-chain/

b) the bike feels really stable with the extra weight during normal road riding and the bag sticks solid to the tank, so i can't imagine you'd cause any damage.

c) yeah the bag would survive no problem....it's really well designed and secures firmly to the clips on the tank ;-) I prefer to carry my chain on the bike rather than in a rucksack for safety/comfort etc.

I popped into Infinity in Norwich and saw some SW-Motech bags in the flesh. The guys kindly took them out and we test fitted the DayPack and Micro bags to the S1000RR. So no fear of this last dice roll being wrong.

To my relief both fit fine and are not uncomfortable. You don't need extra long arms or be ultra slim :) Only issue is that I can't get my head down enough out of the air stream. A double bubble will fix that.

So I got the larger, expandable, day-pack. Cheaper, for me than getting a WunderLich or OEM bag as I already had the tank ring.

IMG_5909_zpsblfp1zqh.jpg

IMG_5911_zpsmbw7bwie.jpg

That looks good. And it would fit a 2015 too? I decided against the BMW one as it would foul my sat nav. Do they do a smaller bag too?

Back