Snetterton 300 - June 30th - No Limits

S1000RR  FORUM

Help Support S1000RR FORUM:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Hoops

Reaction score
Booked this yesterday - quite a few of us going - various bikes - the 300 is a great circuit - fingers crossed for dry weather and dare i pray for some sunshine!!??

I m doing this too. Will be the first time I ve used my S1000RR on a track and I ve only ever been on the old Snet track before. Really looking forward to it.

I m doing this too. Will be the first time I ve used my S1000RR on a track and I ve only ever been on the old Snet track before. Really looking forward to it.

You'll love it fella - the new 300 layout is awesome and far superior to the old track layout - keep a look out for us and come over and say hello.

Anyone else doing this apart from Arg? Its an awesome circuit and handy that its on a Sunday. Fingers crossed for weather though i guess, as per bloody usual!!

Bikes are all packed up and loaded into the vans - weather looking very promising for tomorrow - really looking forward to a good day - loads of us going up now - we even have our own chef coming up and cooking us lunch which is pretty cool - looking forward to trying out the new Ohlins suspension and also giving the slicks a proper go if the weather is as promised!

Arg - make sure you look out for us - we will be in the executive garages next to scrutineering bay as my friend who works there always sorts us out - so come and say hello!

Had a great day yesterday at Snett - we had our own "executive" garage, lots of friends turned up to watch and say hello, we had tunes blasting out just before we would head out on circuit and we even had our own private chef to cook us lunch on his mini bbq - couldnt have asked for the weather to be any better and overall the day went without issues - the fast group didnt seem particularly "fast" to me and by lunch no one came past me for the rest of the day - bike was pretty much spot on although i had to fiddle a little to get my tyre temps right and i am not sure that the Ohlins is set up for me correctly yet, back end was a little squidgy when i was powering out of some of the faster tight corners which made me think i should harden the rear a notch or two - that said i left it alone all day because i wanted to get an overall feel for it over the day - my biggest issue is my continuing issue with the BMW and that is the bike going into neutral and free wheeling when im banging down the gears from very high speeds into corners, it is VERY scary and unnerving when it happens and its SO dangerous if you have another fast bike right up your chuff at the time as he has no idea what the hell youre playing at, how someone hasnt piled into the back of me is down to sheer good luck, im also amazed i havent ridden straight on past the corner im trying to slow down for when it happens, but somehow so far i manage to pull the clutch in, reduce the speed as much as possible and then eventually the bike bits into a gear (usually 2nd!!!!) and off i go again - its done it now at pretty much every track day - when it first did it i booked it straight into BMW but they could not find a problem and could not replicate the issue out on the roads - but as i said to them it never happened to me out on the roads because you would have to be a certified lunatic to ride on the road the same way i ride out on a track!! But now im getting very pissed off with it and I'm now convinced its not me being a total ham fisted doofus on the bike, there is definitely a problem with the bike for sure - i just need to find a way of convincing BMW to investigate it properly and hopefully sort it under the warranty - but im fearful i may have my work cut out as i think they will be reluctant to strip the gearbox and clutch etc - we shall see!!
So overall a great day - met BINS from here and another chap who came up to me in our garage but i didnt catch his name and our conversation got cut short and he disappeared! Not sure if that was ARG?? Not even sure if ARG was there or not or what group he was in - if you did go ARG i hope you had a good day and sorry we didnt to chat.
We are now looking to get Silverstone booked but i must try and get this issue sorted with my bike first. Lets see what unfolds!!

Yes I was there. I was on the standard race blue version. Had a great day, the circuit is so much better than the old circuit, unfortunately didn't have a garage and forgot my hat, so bit sunburnt now.

Yes I was there. I was on the standard race blue version. Had a great day, the circuit is so much better than the old circuit, unfortunately didn't have a garage and forgot my hat, so bit sunburnt now.

Damn fella - you should have come and found me - you wouldve more than welcome to share my "executive" garage!! So pleased i had the contact at Snetterton that i have so i had the garages reserved for us - by the time we got to the circuit it was rammed - shame we didnt get to have a chat - which group were you in?? There was a blue S1000RR in the fast group but i hope that wasnt you as he was pretty slow!! Anyway, hope you had a good day either way!

Couple of pics from the day - i really need a new Brolly Dolly, either that or she needs a tidy up!!

IMG_6407.jpg IMG_6509.jpg

I like your leathers hoops I got exactly the same ones they are are real good fit and very comfy aint they

have you asked them about changing the star selector shaft?
According to a pal of mine that worked for builbase for the last few years , these were changed regularly on the BSB bikes to reduce the false neutral thingybob.
he reckons it should be about 250 to it changed by a garage , its supposed to be a "known fault"

Good write up Hoops, thanks for sharing your day but shame about the gear changes. We saw you on track, also saw Arg on track on his Blue 'Road' Bike avin fun.

I like your leathers hoops I got exactly the same ones they are are real good fit and very comfy aint they

Thanks fella - yes theyre great leathers but i have to be honest and admit they are bit too tight on me now, LOL!! I have another white set of BKS but i dont like them and so just keep trying to squeeze into my Arlens!!

According to a pal of mine that worked for builbase for the last few years , these were changed regularly on the BSB bikes to reduce the false neutral thingybob.
he reckons it should be about 250 to it changed by a garage , its supposed to be a "known fault"

Im guessing this is what the problem is - but my issue now is that because ive been honest and told BMW i use it as a track bike and not on the road they say ive voided the warranty - so im considering having to put it all back to standard guise and calling up another dealer and seeing if they will sort it for me? I do have some connections at BMW Park Lane but through my cars and not bikes, so im not sure that will help me or not. Im really gutted if im honest and just want this problem fixed once and for all without it costing me a small fortune.

Good write up Hoops, thanks for sharing your day but shame about the gear changes. We saw you on track, also saw Arg on track on his Blue 'Road' Bike avin fun.

Phil, was it you that came up to me in my garage and said hello? And do you know what group Arg was in??

I heard that a stiffer "shift spring" can also have the same effect - not sure of the costs, although with the right tools and the install can be DIY.....

Was not me Hoops, I was with Turtle and the gang :biggrin-new: I think there was only 1 S1000 in Blue on track with road fairings, prob ARG (?),

Back